Is it the clothes or the face?

people in general think I'm like 14 or 16 but I am friggin' 20! I don't get it. does that keep guys near my age from asking me out ? I usually have 30 y.o. guys hit on me which is pretty contradictory right? it's funny how when I'm working and have baggy clothes on people think I'm younger, but when I dress up- (not scantily or anything, and not like an "old lady" either) I'm asked if I'm someone's mom or if I'm married. is it the clothes or what?

o good I'm not the only one. haha. thanks :)

Most Helpful Girl

• I get mistaken for 17 all the time and it's super annoying. I'm told it's my voice and the playful nature I have. I think it's mostly the way you carry yourself. If you're wearing baggy clothes (which I assume would be you dressed down) you're more likely to have a relaxed vibe going on... and carefree vibes are usually sent off by those young enough to not really have much responsibility. Being more dressed up adds maturity = older woman.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• I went to my niece's school today, and I'm pretty sure an eighth grader was checking me out--I feel your pain.

I think it's a combination of things. I'm a basic jeans and t-shirt kind of girl, I'm short, and I look young (although, I would like to think I'm not that old at my age...). So, I'm sure it's a combination of things for you too.

• Hahaha. that's soo funny. omgosh. it seems like it's the attire ya know. yeah one day we'll appreciate this....one day ugh

• o boy lol same here! I am 22 and my ssiter is 17 all her friends when they meet me think I am her younger sister! most of the time people think I am 18 or may 19 not older. I been asked for an id to watch a Rated R movie lol. I think its the clothes though, I dress comfy and cute, but when I go out I look 20 21.

• I have the same problem. At the ball park, when I was wearing my jersey and baggy shorts someone thought I was TWELVE! And then when I dress up people think I am like 30. It's gotta be the clothes.

• It's clothes and probably hair. I had the same problem too until I started dressing trendier, I used to dress more conservative..not old ladyish or prudish, but kinda more casual.