If you found out your pretty girl friend had many cosmetic surgeries before you met her...?

I just realize it is very common in Korea, many girls get plastic surgeries on their bodies and faces..

there are stories like couples who got married and when they had a child, the child looked totally different, and usually wife confessed to husband that she got several surgeries before they've met...etc etc..

Especially in Asian cultures, physical appearance is getting more important than other traits. so, many girls even guys start to get surgeries like these..

Would you break up with her, or feel uncomfortable with your girl/boy friend if she/he got cosmetic surgeries?

example pictures... :P
www.oddities123.com/.../plastic-surgery-19.jpg
www.shockmansion.com/.../...-Shock-Mansion-121.jpg

Most Helpful Guy

• Your observation is correct, however, plastic surgeries to the face and breasts are mainly a Korean thing. It's not nearly as prevalent in Chinese, Japanese or southeast Asian cultures. The best plastic surgeons in the world (for aesthetics) are in Korea. The commonality of these surgeries in Korea makes it highly acceptable over there. In most other Asian countries, breast augmentations are fairly accepted. Facial surgeries that completely alter your looks (e.g. reduced jawline, nose job...etc) are less accepted, and still garner strange looks from friends and family.

I probably wouldn't mind a boob job or liposuction. Facial reconstruction is another story though. It would hint at a very insecure personality, and I tend to prefer stronger, more confident women.

What Guys Said 11

• 1. For those in these pictures, I think the surgeries are quite justified
    2. Can't blame those who go in for surgeries cause the other gender expects them to look a certain way and no one wants to stay single or unattractive
    3. SE Asian countries yes it's common, not in South Asia (which is where I'm from)
    4. However, I think it will be right if they told their partner what they were like before surgery & that they've had surgery upfront. What happened in that example is wrong but I don't hold her to blame completely too.
    5. If I break up with her it's not cause she's had surgery it's cause she doesn't know me enough to let me know that she's had surgery in first place. But however, knowing myself I don't think I'd break up either for that reason lol

• I'd walk away

• I married a Korean. To the best of my knowledge she didn't have cosmetic surgery. If she did, I wouldn't give a damn.

I am not opposed to cosmetic surgery, but like all things it can be done to excess.

• You might give a damn...if your children come out butt fugly :)

• Well, meowcow, I wouldn't want my children to experience the hardships involved with being unattractive, however I would love them all the same, and I certainly would not have loved my wife any less. Besides, two attractive people have only a better chance of producing more attractive offspring, but it could still happen that they can produce unattractive offspring, much the same way two intelligent people aren't guaranteed intelligent children, they only have a better chance of producing them, but it's still possible they could produce unintelligent children.

Now, that being said, suppose you had an ugly son or daughter. Suppose it was because of something that happened in utero or due to some accident. How would you handle it? What do you tell them?

• Hahaha such a Korean question.

It's definitely bad. There are lonely hot girls out there. Why reward bad genes?

• Who cares?

• I don't mind. Be who you want to!

• i would still stay with her. i dont care what plastic surgery she got.

• If she got it for a legit reason, that's coo. If she just wanted to be prettier, dumped.

• I can't care less of shit about it till she hot

• I would be mad that she did not tell me that she had surgery before we met.

• Its pretty obvious with scars etc you just look around for a younger photo of them

What Girls Said 6

• I wouldn't. What matters is who he is now, and that he's no longer insecure with his looks.
    The guy seems to have only fixed his under bite, which is a good thing. I actually know a guy who did the exact same surgery, and nobody thought less of him because it was what he wanted.
    So, I won't judge.

• DAMN!
    What?

I would feel betrayed...to be honest. I would still love their personality, but I don't think I'd be able to fully trust them...ever... It's a non verbal lie you're constantly walking around with.

• No, I want my boobs done

• i agreed on the Asian culture thats why women here spend so much to make themselves look good.
    i won't break up with him if i know he go for cosmetic surgery. maybe when he first break the news to me i might be taken aback but i won't kiss him goodbye :)

• That is quite successful and impressive! What a change. This looks good on her. Some operations are very badly operated. And also it depends on the person. If you are unhappy and very obsessed with your look, can be done. It is up to person.
    My opinion I don't prefer. I am happy with my look.

• i'd feel extremely uncomfortable cause he is like a completely different person. cosmetic surgeries are not common here though. only few resort to cosmetic surgeries and they're usually actor and actresses here. and it's not also that extreme makeover. :)