Do you think it's ok to feel this way?

My boyfriend is 5'8 and I really do love him and want to spent the rest of my life with him but I feel like he is too short. Should I break up with him now before things get too serious? Or is this a silly reason?

Btw am 5'3

well I just didn't notice it as much in the beginning . now that I am thinking about marriage and stuff it is starting to bother me...

Most Helpful Guy

• Girls of your height were made for guys of 6''0'+ . The shorter guys should go for the tall women who never give us the time of day

What Guys Said 5

• Yeah if your seeing this guy as your husband one day his height shouldnt matter, if your willing to for go what could be once in a lifetime love because your not sure if he is to short then that's not good maybe your just not ready yourself

• Why do not give me a call. I am over 6 feet. lol But it sounds silly that you would break with a guy because of his height. If the height turns you off then go ahead, break up with him. If do not have the feeling, it just is not going to end well.

BTW: Never say anything about his height. Guys who are below 6 feet get VERY SENSITIVE about their height.

• Opps then because I have already mentioned it to him a couple of times lol but its not like he can change it so I don't know y I even mention it to him....but I guess see he is a good guy for putting up with me lol

• are you kidding...if you're judging the guy based on something he can't change, and yea that sounds pretty dam silly and shallow, then how could you honestly love the guy?...you could end something really good for no real reason.

• Unless you have a problem with it, I see no reason to break up over height.

• When dating a person height shouldn't matter... I'm 5'9 and my ex was 5'1...I didn't give an ass how short she was I just loved to spend time with her lol. I just think its weird you put height into the equation...

• Well you are a guy and girls are suppose to be shorter ...

• Not really..I know some really tall girls around here taller than 6'0 >.>"

What Girls Said 4

• Did he just magically become 5'8"?

You knew how tall he was from day one. If height is such an issue with you, why did you bother with him in the first place?

And yes, that's a silly reason to break up with him.

• You mean now that you're thinking about marriage, you're looking for petty flaws in him...?

That's not a good sign any way you look at it.

• Yes I know ...but it is that you want your future hubby to be near perfect and the whole idea of him protecting you. and I know its stupid but I feel him being that short kinda makes him less of a man and wouldn't be able to protect me

• I get where you're coming from--I'm 5'3" too, and I like guys who are significantly taller than me. But there are more important things than height.

Your boyfriend will want to protect you no matter how tall he is; I would rather have that than a guy who doesn't give a damn about me, even if he is taller.

• Well, look at the bright side: at least you're still shorter than him! Like you could wear stilletos & still be at least a couple inches shorter. At least he's not like 4'9" hun and even so, if you really love him, you should be able to overlook that

• My boyfriend isn't a giant either, but I love him for who he is and tbh his height really doesn't matter to me, I just love his personality :)

• really? If you really do love him, then his hight wouldn't bother you that much, at least not enough to break up with him...my boyfriend thinks I'm too short, but he's not gonna brake up with me over that