Dealing with a copycat.

haaa I know that word is so 4th grade! my cousin is ALWAYS copying me! from my clothes to my nail polish! if I try to even bring it up to her in a joking manner she gets SUPER offended and defensive. I don't know what to do. I know I should take it as flattery but I'm so sick of it! for example she'll copy me in a way. then goes about saying how she got the idea on her own. and claims I copied her! she even tries to one up me in boyfriend stuff. and every time I try to ask her for advice she makes me feel bad about my relationship! and I don't know why she always tries to one up me when I always try to be so nice to her.

she just always says things she knows will make me feel bad about myself in ways that make her seem innocent. I don't know what to do please help.

Most Helpful Girl

• wow. well, just ignore her then if she's going to be manipulate.

lol so she copies you? well that just means you have good taste and a good sense of style. I wouldjust switch it up on purpose to just make her confused. I buy a lot of clothes, so it's hard to copy me but I would think it's cute if my cousins copied my style.

wow. well, just like take a picutre of yourself when you first get the cloths lol and then you'll have the date on them or whatever and then she'll copy and be like, yeah you copied me. she sounds immature honestly. hopefully she'll grow out of this stage of immaturity and just be nice back.

What Guys Said 2

• She sounds like an only child or at least the only girl in her family. I think she just looks at you in a big sister kind of way and follows what you do because she respects you so much. It may be extremely annoying and seem akward, but it really is just a way of saying that she looks up to you, although she may not admit it. I can't really think of a way to go about ending her copycat ways though, never had great style to the point where people copy my looks.

• It's best to avoid her for advice and just see her less often. The more she sees you, the more chances she has to imitate.

What Girls Said 1

• Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.