• Ask
  • myTake

I hate my looks. Suggestions?

I know I'll never be model material, or that I'll never be considered a "pretty girl". It just wasn't in the (genetic) cards for me. I know I'm being stupid, since looks aren't really important. But it gets to me every time I see some stupid or mean, yet pretty girl get all the attention or get treated better. I have a boyfriend and he likes looking at prettier women on the Internet or on TV, and even though I know it's harmless, I wish he'd see me with the same eyes and aw as he sees them. Sure, he loves me because I'm smart and nice, or whatever, but I just wish that in his eyes, I was as pretty as they are.I know this is totally unlikely and unfair to him, it's a losing battle. So how can I get over my stupidity and all? Thanks.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• I really understand what you're going through.I can honestly say I feel like the ugly duckling out of all of the girls I hang out with. I know it seems silly, and as you have already mentioned a losing battle, but you can conquer your issues.Everytime you see something you don't like in the mirror or whatever find something about yourself that you do like! It's all about confidence and FLAUNTING WHAT YOU GOT!If you are skinny, flaunt it. If you are chubby, flaunt it.God.. if you are "obese",flaunt it! There are a ton of things about yourself that you can find to love.. IE:Your hair,your eyes,your teeth,your hands,your collar bones,your legs..and I think you get the picture.EVERY GIRL IS A GODDESS, and you can't let yourself forget that. Never change yourself because of a friend or a boyfriend or your parents. There are tons of little things you can do to improve your looks without doing anything too drastic. Play around with makeup or maybe if you already wear makeup, try not wearing any.If you have curly hair, try straightening it and so on.But you are beautiful. No matter what you look like.

What Guys Said 2

• post up a pic

• It really is unfair, and I'm sorry to all women who aren't the prettiest one in the room.The more you fulfill his sexual fantasies, the more he will want you.

What Girls Said 3

• I hear you on this. in highschool , I wasn't the most trendiest or the prettiest girl either, also wish guys would give me the same attention as other girls got, the more prettier ones.however, I worked on how I applied make up and getting the right clothes and the stuff to match it and things like that later on.I feel that guys will always see other women in the media and think they're pretty.the most important thing is that he's with you.I think it's normal. It's not stupid at all. It's the way the media makes us feel so don't be so harsh on yourself. From time to time, I wish I could have the flawless look a model will have in a magazine or the news, but remember they probably have layers of make up and are photoshoped and in real life, they don't look all that great and it could be the lighting as well.But it's fixable. I mean, I jsut worked otu more after highschool and learned to dress better and it helps a lot.

• Most of the time, people are way too hard on themselves, and they see nothing but their negative qualities. I'm like that, too, but I find what helps is to do stuff that makes you feel good on the inside to feel good on the outside. Doing physical activity like dancing, exercising, or jogging are great ways to boost your energy and make you happier, and the results will make you feel better physically, too. Also, everyone has at least a few physical qualities that they love about themselves, so focus on those and play those qualities up and flaunt them. If you don't know which physical qualities are your best, ask a friend or a family member. Also, don't be so down on yourself. When you start to feel sad over your appearance, try distracting yourself by doing something you enjoy. Being confident and happy is where true beauty lies, so go out there and shine! :)