Why are girls considered too young to wear makeup?

Why is it? What age is it acceptable? What's wrong with a little girl wearing makeup? Why do people make a big deal about a little girl wearing makeup?

Most Helpful Girl

• It makes a child look older. Also if a kid is for say not playing in a sprinkler with all of her friends because she doesn't want to mess up her makeup she vould be missing out on things. Also a kid shouldn't be that worried about appearance at a young age. They also shouldn't need to worry about waking up and doing a makeup routine I know I hate it!

Although, if a girl at whatever age wants to wear makeup and the parents are fine with it, then so what noone should care enough to say anything. Id say that if it were me and my girl wanted to wear makeup I would get her little colorful eyeshadows and lip glosses. Simple things

What Girls Said 9

• Young girls simply do not need make-up. Dress up make-up is fine, sure. But the real deal can wait. It's really not that great anyway. I feel like make-up brings on an attitude that young girls don't need to have. it makes them believe they are older than they really are. It's how girls get hurt, putting themselves in situations that are much to mature and old for them.

• I don't want my 12 year old sister looking like a 25 year old skank.

• Because makeup is something that was made for grown women.
    It's used to look better. Why would a little girl need to look better and for who?

I think an acceptable age to start wearing make up is around 15. But not too much. Maybe just some eyeliner and mascara

• I think there is nothing wearing a little bit of make up. As long as you don't cover your face entirely in make up every single say, that no one can see the real you. If you start to use a lot of make up, you will feel naked without it.

• Young girls should NOT be allowed to use it at all. Nope. Make up ageas you.

• I feel a little like mascara or lip gloss is acceptable in middle school, but anything is fine when you're in high school

• Maybe not even the mascara maybe just shadow. I have friends who wear it all on a daily bases. Me I'm like no thanks I'll just wash my face this morning...

• Yeah but if you have acne or eczema makeup is the stuff of miracles. I don't apply it because I'm insecure but rather because it's a relaxing hobby like painting and I like to see what I can accomplish. I feel that even middle schoolers can wear it if they understand that. I personally think eyeshadow is for someone more advanced in makeup because it actually requires skill to apply. I say mascara and lip gloss because they're impossible to mess up

• Because it teaches them they need to put on make up to be pretty. Why introduce that theory to a young impressionable mind?

• Because they shouldn't be worried about their appearance at such a young age. That's when their supposed to be enjoying their childhood! Haha I miss those days when I didn't care about how I looked.

• I still don't wear makeup.

• Nothing's wrong with it. I'm a huge fan of that show in TLC called Toddlers and Tiaras.

What Guys Said 3

• There's many moral issues with children wearing make up. Many parents don't want to risk turning their girls into the women they see on magazine covers.

There are many parents who try to make an effort not to expose their children to those things. Nowadays, it's so tough. If the child learns at a young age to be who she is as-is and stay comfortable that way, she'll grow up with much better self esteem instead of being trained at a young age to wear make up.

• They don't need it before they reach 30.
    (And I know MANY over 30 who are better without)

IMHO it's a way to look older. Why would a 13-16 yo want to look like 22?

• Because they're young children. They should be allowed to be children. It's the same thing with little girls with their ears pierced. It's wrong. They will have plenty of time for that when they've grown up more.