How do you react when an unattractive person asks you out?

or asks you for your number. What did you do and say in this situation?

Most Helpful Guy

• I need to practice my rejection:/ when they ask i honestly just freeze up and im like 😐 i dont mean to be im just too nice of a person.. If people are around ill always try my best not to make it look like a total rejection so they arnt embarrassed like "yeah maybe we can hang out sometime" but if its one on one I used to say "i have a gf" until it back fired when a girl came up to me that i liked and a girl i had rejected a month earlier and the one i liked asked about us hanging out at her place later and the other girl said "he has a gf" 😭😭 haha so just say your not interested haha.. Um sorry if there is a lot of errors in this i typed it fast and i dont wanna spell or grammer check 😁

What Guys Said 18

• Hopefully its a stranger and I would just say I had a girlfriend (if I were single). That's one of the good things about relationships, its an easy out in that situation. In my younger days I gave out a fake number a few times, but in retrospect that's fucked up. I did bump into this girl who used to work for me, and she was drunk, and pretty confessed having a crush on me. She was like "I would be so good to you, I'd cook for you every day...", more hypothetically, not as a plea, haha, she knows I'm taken. I'm not into her physically, and also she's a lot younger and more like a little sister to me. Her personality is through the roof though. Literally the sweetest kid you'd ever hope to meet. So I told her "you're out of my league, Antonia..." Figured it was the nicest way to handle it.

• Aww that really does seem like the nicest way to handle it.

• NO MATTER WHAT don't be mean.

Just nicely say no

"Look, I'm really sorry, but I like someone else"

• Is that how it really happened? You can tell a lie with s straight face?

• @dipta good point
      @Dante so what do you do if she doesn't care if you like someone else?

• I'd tell her that I'm loyal to my GF and I wouldn't like to cheat on her.

• The ire is no such thing as an unattractive person first off. Everyone is attractive in their own way. But if a girl who I don't find attractive asks me out I just be honest and say I don't see you that way if I know them well enough. If a girl asks me out who I don't know I take their number and tell them later if things get intimate or serious. I just don't see the she asked me for my number she based to like me so I will shoot down immediately logic. She could want to be friends which is fine.

• If it is something i am not interested in i will just be honest and tell them i am not interested. Would hurt them less then giving them false hope.

• Well if you say that you're not interested they may ask why not

• Then i will tell them why not haha thats part of being honest. I will try to make my respond not very harsh but i won't completely change it in a way that its barely even the truth.

• woah, an honest dude. props.

• "Ew go away"
    No jk. It doesn't happen to me very often.
    When it does, I just tell them I'm not interested and that I'm very picky, so they shouldn't take it personally (tho I know that's pretty much impossible).
    However, that's only if its a "date"; if she just wants to kick it, I'm down.

• I'd have to admire the courage there, not many girls will do that. But I wouldn't want to lead her on either, so I would let her down as lightly as I could if I was just not attracted to her at all.

• what do you say?

• Trimethylaminuria is a disease that causes people to smell really bad even when they're clean.
      Okay so didn't say no to large mandible. She takes care of herself, she has more in common with you than any girl has, but due to genetics she has a large jaw, which you don't find attractive. Then what?

• Again, unlucky circumstances. Hatd to picture what the person looks like you describe. I'd just see were thingd went, if attraction never grew from getting to know her, just not move in for a relationship or lead her own. Treat as a friend.

• I don't know cause girls usually don't ask guys out. But if a unattractive girl did, I wouldn't be mean to them, I'd turn them down in a way as not to hurt them.

• What is something you say to turn them down but not hurt them?

• I'm sorry, it was nice of you to ask me out, your a great girl and everything, I'm just not interested in a relationship at this time.

• there is no such thing as a truly unattractive woman out there , i usually say yes if a woman were to ask me out

• So you're attracted to all women?

• okay but what if that same thing happened but you didn't find the girl attractive.

• if i found them really really unattractive i would just tell them i am dating someone else

• I hasn't happened in years. But if it did I believe I'd tell her the offer is very flattering but I didn't feel we were compatible.

• what do you say if she asks why?

• I'd probably explain to her she's a very nice person, but she's not my type and I wouldn't want to lead her on in anyway. But I would also let her know plain friendship wasn't out of the question.

• Only happened to me once. I went along with it, had the date, got to the end and friend zoned her. She was good with it, and I don't think there's anything wrong with getting to know someone on a date.

• I would tell her I wouldn't mind having sex but I'm not looking for a relationship.

• Not sex. She just asks for your number or asks you out. What would you do?

• How would you do that when you don't find her attractive?

• How unattractive are we talking about here? She would have to be really unattractive for me to not want sex with her

• be honest with them and tell them your not interested. What ever happened with honesty? why lie

• Maybe because certain lies will put it to rest then and there while saying you're not interested my provoke further questioning or my imply that you're only not interested now but may be later

• I dont think so but ok

• I think i might say yes...juz a friendly date that is =)

• date me ya :P

• Aww you're a sweetheart.
      But if you take them on hot date they will think you like them in that way. Do you string them along indefinitely? At what point do you break the news.

• I could say it when she ask meh out right away " how about i take u on a hawt date instead" ;)
      Or if after the *Hawt Date* i would say...hmmm
      But i think i would tell her right away x)

• Id be like "yeahhh...no" or just keep walking past her

• What if its a girl you have to see everyday like in class or something?

• A psych specialist. Lots of people are called dick, jerk, ass, etc. Everyone can be that from time to time, but a sociopath is always like that and never feels remorse.

• Well-_- easy there

• I would tell her that I already have a girlfriend :P

• I punch her in the throat, and run!

• I'm very unattractive to women and I would never dare to approach a girl I wasn't a thousand percent sure about her liking me. I think it's very rare that ugly people will create huge issues with being to persistent so a simple no might suffice most of the time.

• As a guy, it rarely happens. If I'm single, I usually say yes. It takes massive courage for a girl to do the asking. I can go on a date or two if it helps her self-esteem. And it wouldn't be the first time I found an unexpected spark with someone who wasn't conventionally attractive to me.

• Won't it be that much harder to break her the news once she becomes attached?

• But what do you do if she does?

• Be gentle. Let her down easy.

Shit happens.

What Girls Said 17

• I personally just politely tell them no because I don't like to play games. I'm not at all interested in leading a guy on to ever thinking I want more than I do. I also personally am not interested in lying to spare feelings, but that doesn't mean I'm outright rude. I'd just say, "I'm sorry, no." or "I'm sorry, I'm not interested".

The way I see it, rejection hurts no matter what words you say. Telling a guy you have a boyfriend (regardless of whether you really have one or not), telling him you like someone else, or telling them flat out no, I am sure that hurts all the same. Some people may take it more personally if there isn't a reason like having a significant other already... but that's not really in my control what they take personally.

• Why do you think its so hard for people to just say "I'm sorry, no"? Is it really that much harder than saying that you like someone else?

• Yes a lot of people are avoiding the subsequent feelings of guilt.

• Well you did the right thing. Its strange for a stranger to ask u out and even if someone knows u they sure dont know how to read body kanguage before asking u out besides attraction shud be 2 way not 1 way. They could have saved their breath by analysing correctly

• I'm unfortunately very bad at saying no and not giving my contact or receiving the guy's =/
    What I try to do is control myself, keep breathing, don't widen your eyes, keep smiling... stuff like that. I know it's stupid and it sounds mean told this way, but still a lot to learn >__<

• So when they contact you just don't accept their calls or reply to their texts? Or do you just string them along until they get the picture?

• Ooooooh. Thanks for answering

• Because you not finding them attractive is the one thing that won't change.
      Np^^

• It happened to me once when a guy would just not leave me the hell alone lol. He kept following me and wouldn't stop talking. I refused him politely and told him to please leave me alone.And when he ran into me again he wouldn't stop.he was like "you make my heart raise" or "You look better today" etc. And I was with my friends and we were eating. So he annoyed me and I said " What the hell don't you understand? I don't want to go out with you.So leave me the hell alone" .I am not a mean or rude person usually, but I don't like people getting on my nerves. I usually politetly refuse.And if they ask why not I usually say I have a boyfriend or that I am not interested or that I like someone else. But I don't get asked out very often at all, so these are like 2-3 cases I talked about.

• He was probably tranced by your stunning looks and personality.. However this is not an excuse to actively stalk you. He should've left you alone :P

• Yeah right lol. Definitely not tranced by my looks.:P I don't like stalkers haha and people who can't take no for an answer haha.But hey, can't change who people are :3

• That rarely ever happens to me...I don't get asked out very much at all even before I had a BF...But maybe the few times it did happen was before cell phones were common...so I just told him that my parents are religious and I'm not allowed to socialize with men unsupervised...which is truthful...

• Flattered I'm almost 50 so yea it's a good feeling. SwampThing could crawl up though the sewer and be like" hey baby want go to a movie?" I would be like hell yea! Although I am married, I did marry a man who is not what most people would call attractive. I don't pick people by looks.

• I look at them confused for a few seconds.

Politely tell them no.. BUT if they're one of those annoying unattractive guys (you know, the ones that can't take no for an answer), I'd tell them to fuck off.. I've done it before and I will do it again.

• It happened once... this one sleazy guy was following me around for 15 minutes while I repeatedly said I wouldn't go out with him (politely as I could) and after that time I just told him "dude, I have a girlfriend, ok? I'm a lesbian, I won't go out with you". It was the one thing that actually worked...

• That happened to me before except I didn't say I had a girlfriend. I wanted to say that I liked girls but I don't think I could have made it seem convincing because I'm bad at lying

• I treat them like any other person and reject them politely.

• What do you say when you reject them?

• I have said the first one and I felt so bad

• Well, there's not much you can do about it. It's your number and you have the right to not give it out to someone if you don't feel comfortable doing it. That's something people in general seem to understand, so no need to feel bad.

• I cringe inwardly and give a polite no thanks

• What do you do if they ask "why not?" lol

• I will lie, sorry but I'm taken.

• Regardless of the looks and since I'm not quite a snob, I will genuinely say "No". I wouldn't even give my number.

• Politely say no, at least they tried and didn't run away.

• if i like him i would accept and give him my number. even if i am not attracted to him, i wouldn't be rude

• I just say "No thank you, I'm very much not interested." With a big cute smile, just to lighten up his current depressed state lol

• I say "give me your number and I'll text you" and then I never do.

• I start licking their face, so they think I'm a weirdo. 😆

• It turns them on and they think you're really digging them. They turn their head for tongue to tongue contact. Then what?

• You're so smooth lol

• Hehe thanks ;)

• I can't directly say no. I always say okey i will think about it

• I take his number instead :)

• What if he insists on getting your number in exchange?

• I would say it is my work phone so i can give him my number and just take his number instead (cuz of my job i usually on the calls like 24/7 so..it is true i cannot give my phone number to random people haha lol)

• so clever lol