80's hillbilly prom...

Well I'm going to a party tonight and the theme is 80's hillbilly prom. Any ideas for an outfit. Dressing up isn't required, but what fun would it be to not dress up? I can do the hair and little 80's details. I have no idea what to wear!?

Most Helpful Girl

• Ooooh, so fun! I love this kind of stuff, which is probably why I now work as a costume designer for film and TV. You could totally rock a way oversized sweatshirt (if you can, cut the neck off so it hangs loosely off one shoulder), some leggings or really tight pants, and a side ponytail with some MAJOR bangs. Denim overalls are also very 80's, or an oversized sweater or sweatshirt (add in some shoulder pads for extra effect) over a mini skirt. Just be creative and remember that the 80's were all about BIG fashion. Have fun!

• I can so picture this. lol.. Awesomeeee!!

• That's very 80's, but where's the hillbilly part? lol

Black out a tooth or go for a fake pregnant belly to add some hillbillyness! haha!

Sounds like a fun party!

What Guys Said 3

• I would say to look to Ellie May (from "The Beverly Hillbillies") for an example of what you might wear, however that's not from the '80's.

I'd then say look to Daisy Duke. Wear Daisy Dukes and perhaps a shirt tied uh, underneath your chest and go from there. Possibly hair tied into two ponytails but...I dunno, not a fashion person by any means.

Hope ya have fun! Sounds like it will be.

• Behold! The power of the mullet! The 80's and hillillies don't really mix. Hillbillies have been hillbillies for 200 years and they have looked the same for 200 years. Some overalls and a sweet mullet is a winner!

• A straw hat, a thick accent, and some OshKosh.

What Girls Said 4

• HAHAHA

I'd just skip it! xD

The BAD clothes, the overdone hairstyles, the tones of hair product you'd have to use, the time and the effort you'd have to give it to look your worst! Why go there?!?! (haha...meaning it in both ways)

;)

• Overalls, with one strap not connected (wasn't sure how to describe that), roll the pant legs up.

• cute plaid shirt of red black and white

• ellie may form the Beverly hillbillies