Is it true men feel self conscious going out with a large lady?

A friend of mine told me he wouldn't feel that comfortable going out with a big girl because, even if he liked her, he would feel like other men would judge. He said men don't like thinking that way because they would obviously love their gf but deep down they want to have a gorgeous looking slim woman on their arm and want other guys to be jealous of them.

Is there any truth in this guys? Any girls ever felt this way with a guy?

Most Helpful Guy

• Perhaps insecure men would agonize about the opinions of other males.

I, fortunately, am not one of those guys. Admittedly, my woman packed on a few pounds during her pregnancy and thus she carried the extra weight a bit after. But then again, so what! Who cares! That did not stop me from adoring her.

Even if she hadn't lost the weight, I simply do not care about how hypothetically unattractive she may have been to other males. Those guys don't take care of her, they don't lay next to her, and they have not experienced her greatness.

As I mentioned on another post, if a guy seems embarrassed to be seen with a woman or to acknowledge her, then she is not the woman for him. Period!

I

• You sound like a great partner and I don't know any woman who wouldn't gain baby weight lol. Thanks for your answer! :-)

• You're welcome :-)

• Awesome reply!! If a man can't be proud of his love regardless of her size he is shallow, that is a very unattractive trait in my opinion.

What Guys Said 14

• I don't want to comment on other men but If I like her then I'm perfectly comfortable going out with her.

I don't care about those who are below the line judging - cause those who judge on sight are lowly & below the line as far as I'm concerned and if they comment or come at us, I do just the same with them as I'd do to a stray dog that comes to bite me ;) no words - only actions :D

There are many guys out there who adore larger girls, you'll be surprised with the number of such males :)

• If a guy is worried about what other people think of his girlfriend, he's pathetic. No one's opinion matters except his because he's dating her.

• I agree with you, people should be less concerned with eachother and more with their own lives. Very true.

• Exactly!

• some men will and some men will not

• if she is beautiful to me i don't care.

• Those guys are mad insecure...not all guys are like that!

Being a slave to the opinion of others is pathetic. All people should date who THEY like! :-D

• ...uh, this is true only if you're like 14.

• It's understandable.

Kind of like--you might be fine driving a certain car around the empty country. if you're going to meet friends/family, you'd be embarrassed. Most guys just wouldn't want to be seen with a glutton.

• It has everything to do with my attraction, not other guy's.

• It has nothing to do with other guys for me. That's beta thinking. I just like skinny girls because they're hot and fat girls aren't.

• Perhaps it's just more of an issue with men who buckle under peer pressure and are easily influenced by what everyone else thinks is hot or not. I'm thinking slightly younger guys lol.

• Exactly. If you like fat girls, go for fat girls. Who cares what anybody thinks.

• Yes. It's true

• No thats not true. For me anyway

• I wouldn't mind..

• You think I bench em heavy for fatties? Duhh. Not self conscious, Id just not wanna

• I'm rather let's say big boned, big, tall and muscular. I don't look very sophisticated which usually is no issue to me cause I play ball.

However, I can definitely say women have been ashamed of being seen with me and it didn't work out with them subsequently.

• I'm sorry that's been the case for you. I can't imagine why though, the way you describe yourself sounds very attractive :-)

Who cares what they think, for every person who is shallow you meet someone who is loves you for you.

• Never lower your standards in the important areas!!!

• I'm really not a looker lol and you're just not finding the right girls that's all, a big well built guy appearance wise shouldn't have too many problems, even being a bit bigger, trust me :-) How did your parents meet? lol and no I wouldn't lose sight of the important things!

What Girls Said 1

• Yes and I think it works both ways. My boyfriend is really attractive, very fit, outgoing and gets all the ladies and so I feel like an ugly fat tramp next to him and I sometimes feel like I'm judged for it. I always feel like people think, "how the hell did she get him? He could do better!" but that's evidently my own insecurities coming though.

• You must be gorgeous otherwise he wouldn't be with you! :-) but I have major insecurities too so I'd probably feel the same even if I was dating shrek O.o

• Well of course he says and thinks I am gorgeous, but I still question why he's with me over a year later aha!