Why don't girls like short guys?

I don't know how tall I am but I'm no where near 5'9. I'm probably somewhere around 5'3-5'6.

I don't understand the big deal though. I can't get taller and what if I want a tall girl? Or a girl that's average height? Why should I have to settle for a girl that's shorter than me?

I don't want to see any comments about "protection" and "security" because there are some tall guys that are cream puffs and some short guys that are cream puffs. There are tall guys who can defend themselves and their girl and short guys who can defend themselves and their girl. Height has absolutely zero to do with that.

I mean do girls think short guys can't protect them? Not only would I protect them but any girl if I saw her being abused by another guy, even if I didn't know them. Height has nothing to do with weakness. There are some weak tall guys out there. JS.

Even though I said all that I know I'll probably get stupid comments about nature and genetics. BS.

I realize I may have picked a crazy answer for most helpful. I should have waited for better answers. Honestly everyone's answers should be considered most helpful.
This was my first time asking a question. Sorry.

Most Helpful Guy

• cos they are shallow. and the taller their BF , the more they feel other men will respect them. they dont care for finding a nice guy they click with , just a tall asshat.

• I don't think that's really very fair. Men have their preferences just like women do. Yes I prefer a tall, strong, well built bear type guy but so long as they are taller than I am and not obese I'm willing to compromise on my 'ideal' list, we all have to sometimes and we can be better off for it meeting great people.

• I'm a genius. :)

• Truth be told lel

What Girls Said 89

• I'm gonna make answer brief. I don't why women make such a big deal out of this, but I can see why there's so many single people in the world. Because, if height is your biggest consideration factor for dating someone. Then you need to reshift your focus.

Also, this question as been asked on here a million times before and I don't even have to look at the women's answers, because I know what stupid ass reasons there gonna give. And, it's actually quite funny. I just have to say, there is never gonna come a day were I pair my shoes with my man. If I want to wear heels, then I'll wear heals, whether I look taller then him or not! That seriously has to be the stupidest reason, to not date someone.

Also, I know guys who are really short and guys who are super tall. And, guys who all the heights in the middle. And, I could really care a less about there height. I like people for who they are, not how tall they are. And, I'd date someone I had a great connection or chemistry. Not because are heights are compatible. I just don't work like that.

• The point of the heels from what other women have said is that they want to feel taller and have authority. Yet then they don't want a guy who is shorter than them. *shrugs* I mean I could get specific too, can't we all? Can't we all say so and so has to be this and that?

• Yeah and a tall guy has to bend down to kiss their short asses. I doubt they think about that though. Truth is unless they are the same height or close to it then there is going to be a minor or major struggle for someone in the relationship.

Your not being mean. It is a stupid concept but society encourages such concept.

• I suppose it does. It's actually kinda sad. I guess nobody wants to be with someone for the right reasons, they seem to want to be with them for all the wrong ones.

• i don't require my lover to take the role of bodyguard and never understood the ”protecter” thing. i have dated boys my height and i'm open to dating shorter. height doesn't matter to me. at. all.
    shorter boys turn my head just as often as those of average and taller heights.

• ^^^^ A real girl ^^^^

• Why don't girls like short guys?
    Likely the same reason it seems guys generally don't like fat gals, older gals, or when he's 30s+ gals his own age. That reason being physical attraction and emotional correlations to the trait.

I can't get taller and what if I want a tall girl? Or a girl that's average height?
    Then it seems your options are limited. No different than other people who have trait (s) unappealing to the general population.

Why should I have to settle for a girl that's shorter than me?
    I don't do should/shouldn't unless it pertains to harming children/animals. You don't have to settle as you can opt out if shorter gals are what you're solely/mainly getting.

However this question ironic as you're seemingly portraying having a shorter gals as 'settling' yet you question why gals don't like short guys...o.O

• I like big girls. I like MILFs LOL!!! I'm not 30 but I doubt I'd want a young girl at that stage in my life.

I asked the"settling" for short girls question because while some girls who are taller than me find me attractive even if It's by a inch or two. I'm saying society as a whole don't think short guys are attractive. I'm saying I want all my options and I want my options to want me. Why can't I have a pale girl? Or a Dark skinned girl? Or a tan girl? Or a Muslim girl? Or a Christian girl? Or like I stated here a tall girl? Or a short girl? I want all my options. Not to say there aren't some girls who are taller than me who don't find me attractive. I'm just saying most girls initially have that mindset that short guys are not attractive.