I need advice on applying lipstick?

i love to wear lipstick secretly but i can never get lipstick to look same way it does on girls lips. so i need some tips. would using lip liner, lip gloss or lip balm help?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't believe in rules to applying lipstick. Some women use special lipstick brushes (pictured here). I own one and never, ever use it. Others use their middle finger (I once said this was a beauty faux pas and got reamed by a reader, I have since changed my mind). Most women apply right from the tube. Choose what's right for you, as long as the color gets on the lips, you're good.

Some women prefer to apply liner first, arguing that you won't be able to see the natural line of your lips if you apply lipstick first. But I find lips look more natural when I line lips after I apply lipstick.

and also this might help

Make sure your lips are soft and smooth. You don’t want rough skin detracting from your carefully applied lipstick. If necessary take an old soft toothbrush and rub it gently over your lips to remove any dry flakes of skin.
    Apply a lip cream to soften and protect.
    Add a thin layer of foundation over the whole lip area. This not only evens out skin colour but also acts as a primer for the lipstick.
    Use a lip liner to define the edges of your lips and stop your lipstick from ‘bleeding’. Use either a totally neutral colour or one that matches your lipstick. Start from the centre of your top lip to one corner. Repeat on the other side of your top lip and then outline the bottom. It is possible to slightly enlarge the size of your lips by outlining outside of your natural lip line, but keep this as close as possible to keep it natural looking.
    To apply the lipstick itself, the best method is to use a specially designed lipbrush and load with colour from your lipstick. This gives you a more precise method of application. Relax your mouth and fill in your lips being careful not to go outside the liner.
    If you’d like a slightly deeper colour, then blot the lips with a tissue being careful not to smudge the lipstick and then apply a second coat of lipstick.
    Finally check you haven’t left any lipstick on your teeth.

What Girls Said 2

• I could go into a long tutorial but it would require to much typing ;)

Go on you tube and search how to apply the perfect lipstick. There's so many ways for different looks... There are loads of videos that show you step by step.

• Put on lip balm first to make you color really pop. because you lips take in the balm no the lip stick.

What Guys Said 1

• Please post a pic we wanna see how you look after applying lipstick plissss