Womens underwear... whats the point of some?

i understand when it comes to womens underwear there are tons of different options and cuts, styles etc.
my wife likes it when i shop for sexy underwear for her and special occasion (bdays Christmas etc) i go into stores like victorias secret la senza etc and buy her underwear... she mostly wears thongs.
i understand the point of thongs g strings etc.
what i dont understand (as good as they look) is the point of brazillian cut, cheekies, cheekinis whatever u wanna call them i dont see the point.
i know the point of thongs/gstrings is so u dont see panty lines. so why with cheekies do girls even wear them? u can still panty lines... would think youd wear underwear where it covers the whole ass or nothing at all... or maybe is it just if u dont wanna wear a thong but u wanna wear something that is sexier that panties that cover your entire ass? not sure ladies help me out
www.victoriassecret.com/.../lace-trim-cheeky-panty-sexy-little-things

Most Helpful Girl

• I hate thongs, they're so uncomfortable, however they are the norm today. And I feel a lot of guys expect sexy underwear every day. Brazilians are a good alternative, they're more comfortable than thongs yet sexier than normal panties. I couldn't care less about panty lines, I don't think most girls that wear thongs wear it because of that

What Girls Said 4

• Because sexy, that's why. Also, different underwear types make different bum types look good. We like to find our perfect cut so that we can have a sexy bum and be comfortable at the same time.

• Some you wear just to look sexy

• Because vaginal discharge is a thing and I don't want that inside my pants!

• Not always just for sexiness lol

• I wear panties and boy shorts. (Depending on the week)
    and I think it's because sexy is more and attitude then a body type. So if you fell sexy you are. There are exceptions of course.

What Guys Said 1