I have a scar on my knee due to surgery, would it be a turn off?

ei.realself.com/.../263100.jpg

In high school, i used to play a lot of soccer and run track. But i damaged my knee pretty badly, tore a ligament from over working myself. So i had to get knee surgery. My scar looks like the one in the link.

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 22

• a turn off? hahaha! not at all chica! REmember it has merit, it shows character, it's a noble deed showing your willingness to work hard! it's just like this...

"If his unpleasant wounding has in some way enlightened the rest of you as to the grim finish beneath the glossy veneer of criminal life and inspired you to change your ways, then his injuries carry with it an inherent nobility, and a supreme glory. We should all be so fortunate. You say poor Toby? I say poor us."

• No. It means you lived a little, and aren't afraid to get a little dirty or physical sometimes. For most guys, that's more important than the scar itself.

• Scars are a major turn on to me.

• thats great. first time i'm hearing someone say it's a turn on, scars that is :)

• "Show me someone who says they got no baggage
      I'll show you somebody whose got no story
      Nothing gory means no glory, but baby please don't bore me" -Watsky

• Scars are way cooler than tattoos. They have stories.

• If a guy wouldn't date you over that he's not worth your time

• if it's a turn off then the guy is a dumbass

• no one. i guarantee.

• Nah do big deal.

• No... personally wouldn't bother me in the least.. it is kinda cute.

• Nope, not at all. :-)

I can't imagine scars being a huge turn-off for anyone, although I guess gnarly facial scars could damage a person's look a bit, but luckily that's not what you've got.

• yea if i had it on my face gosh that would suck. i feel sorry for anyone who has that. I am glad to see everyone doesn't think of it as a turn off :) sometimes i get mad cuz i like wearing dresses sometimes just above the knee and i hate that it shows.

• Haha that's awesome!!! And yeah she seems like a total sweetheart, and she's incredibly knowledgeable about food too, of course.

• she is just 20 years older than me lol. Yea she is <3. I wish i was as hot as her, i am sure men like get stupid when they see her lol

• scars are nice

• No, it wouldn't be a turn off.

• Well, I'm the kind of guy who gets turned on by tan lines. A scar can be sexy as long as it isn't on the face, but then again, I probably still wouldn't care. I like imperfections. They make us unique. The fact that you got it from playing sports is sexy. You aren't afraid to get dirty. You are very pretty, but you won't come across as high maintanence.

• Only if my scar from being stabbed in the heart is a turn off. The real answer is no, lol. It'd take a really superficial dude to turn you away because of it.

• oh no your heart :( *hug*. I think so too... i just don't like it, like when i wear short dresses or a short pants i wish it wasn't there

• It's fine, lol. It happened years ago. And don't be so self conscious about it. You notice it so much more than other people.

• not at all, no turn off

• No, not at all.

• Ah heck no!!! Just the opposite.

• really? how so. and thanks :)

• With most guys, a nice scar is a badge of honor. You're not afraid to live life. You're not just some helpless girl. You can handle a little trauma.

• That's not a turn off. I girl that likes to feel like a woman is bed is always a turn on.

• I used to play soccer like you, but den I took an scar to the knee

• I have stretch marks and they look exactly like that. Mine are from working out though lol.

• Nope, it's not a turn off for me at all. And if you turn that scarred knee into a rug burned knee, no guy will notice or care.

What Girls Said 11

• no it will not be

• no i dont think so..after all if a guy really likes u these things are really small compared to the whole deal..and if ur still worried then u should let thte guy know, in the start when u've just started to date him..and then u can judge if he's worth u or not? i mean does he accept u for who u are rather than trying to change u

• i've heard of laser treatment to darken white scars to sort of camouflage it on the surrounding skin. i'm not so sure about that though. i don't think creams can do much on that cause that's an old scar and the more lightening creams won't work cause that's not hyperpigmentation. there are creams effective though if it's keloid scars. anyway i also have scars on my legs and it bothered me a lot before but my friends, bf and my sisters just laugh at me cause it's not even noticeable. i don't think it's a turn off but honestly it can be a bit unsightly.

• No, it'll just be a cool story for you to tell.

• Nobody's skin is perfect. We all have our scars and imperfections. Don't worry about it. :)

• girl NO! i got a bigger one on my calf from my bike and its just a story teller. guys dont give a shit.

• honestly i would make up a story everytime and be like IT WAS A SHARK ACCIDENT! people will think you are a wild child!

• I have one on my back from the accident LOL I used to think mine would be a huge turn off tooooo but I just decide not to think about it for now LOL You look gorgeous so guys won't care about your kneeeeeee :P

• I don't think it would be. Wouldn't be for me. I have one on my breast from surgery which I'm honestly pretty selfconcious about but I think about it as I can't control what happened for it to be there.

• -_- Why would that be a turn off?

• I think it looks cool. I kinda like scars. I got a decent one on my knee too.

• Get yourself some apple cider vinegar and put it on. My mum has had two knee surgeries and her scars are now almost cleared up.