Girls, why do you spend so much on make up?

Why is that? Any certain reasons? filler filler filler

Most Helpful Girl

• Unfortunately make up isn't cheap no matter if you actually go out of your way to save money. Cosmetic companies have one over on us, they KNOW women want make up and/or feel pressured to buy and wear it. We live in a very appearance obsessed world.

I try to buy branded make up because cheap foundations, concealers, powders...they don't skin match well so you'd do better smacking your face in a celebration cake. I get all mine from the same online store and use sparingly, it helps that I don't wear very much at all.

I don't part with my money happily when it comes to make up..I just really need the slap sometimes! lol

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 17

• Most girls are really insecure and like to look good and feel good about themselves, and make-up helps them with that.

• I only own one mascara, one blush and one foundation at a time. I own a couple of eye and lip products but not masses. I also have some skin care products but I wouldn't call the ones I use expensive. I will spend a bit more money on a good foundation so that I know its good for my skin. I know for a fact that I spend the least amount of money than my friends on makeup. Though it is nice to feel pretty every once in a while.

• That depends on how much I want to impress. Lol.
    I should point out make does not have to jump out at you to be effective.

• Because guys think we are ugly if we don't put pounds of make up on to look like the girls they jack off to. Which leads into how toxic p*rn is. Anyways hope that helps!

• i barely spend any money on makeup! probably because what i usually wear is mascara (and only so my eyelashes dont un-curl) and a little bit of eyeliner so my makeup lasts me months and months at a time!

• i only wear makeup occasionally cause most of the people here don't wear makeup. barefaced is the trend here lol. i'm not saying i have a perfect skin though cause if didn't sleep well for days in a row and i'm stressed or sad, my skin looks so dull, i have 1-2 pimples and i have horrible eye bags. :)

• I don't spend so much time. I get bored easily. I do essential things.

• insecure girls do more make-up... a little is okay, so I give it 10 minutes and I'm out lol

• Better makeup that lasts longer costs more

• lol usually my sister does and I just borrow her's so I dont spend any money on it. But makeup is fun. I don't put it on for others but for myself. I don't put it too much, but it's fun trying out different kinds of eyeliners and etc.

• I don't spend that much money on make up but that being said I'm not a cake face.

• Yes love to spend so much because it makes more happy & attractive girl. And specially still they are girl’s not matured women so they don't need to save so much for future. I mostly used beauty products from macys or hsn.

• It's so much fun and makes you feel so much more confident with yourself :)

• Quality.

And it's mainly for skin care.

I rather spend a lot than less to ruin my skin.

• It's fun, makes you feel more feminine, and you want to make sure its perfect.

• im a sephora junkie...its just girly and fun, i like how everything is accentuated with makeup but not plastered...it enhances beauty it kind of becomes a collectors thing...some things are limited edition and unique like a certain shade of lipstick u can't find anywhere else or an eyeshadow thats just a magical color...it adds fun to my life, and the best part is people notice and compliment me on my lipgloss or my eyeshadow and every other girl wants what im wearing, and guys find me attractive too. however when i go to the gym, or on my lazy days off, or when i went to school, all i wore was eyeliner and lip balm and i was perfectly comfortable and happy with that too. i have no problem not wearing makeup but when i do things are more exciting.

• i dont wear makeup...unless you consider sunscreen and chap stick make up lol :P

What Guys Said 0