If you knew I was Muslim, would you think that I am not religious when you see me?

In high school, I get asked out by guys way too often and of course I reject them because it's against Islam to date. My friends that wear the headscarf don't get asked out. I'm jealous of them kinda. And the guys know I'm Muslim since I tell them, well everyone at school pretty much knows I am because I'm active in the Muslim Student Association club and sometimes hang out with my Muslim friends. I feel bad for rejecting them. I wish they wouldn't classify me as not being religious just because I don't wear a headscarf. Islam is in my heart<3.

Most Helpful Girl

• I know friends that do wear the headscarf and still get asked out. I wouldn't assume you're not religious just because of what you wear or don't wear. Like you said, it matters more whats in your heart.

What Guys Said 5

• I used talk to girl who was Muslim, her mother was white English she told me but her dad was Muslim, she was mixed race but i really
    had feelings for her but she stopped emailing me, i'm white Protestant religion i guess she had to break it off i often wonder
    about things it didn't bother me, she would tell me she loved me
    she was England she never wore her scarf

• It might be that they just think you're attractive. I know that I don't even factor religion into the equation when thinking a girl is attractive. I would keep it strictly casual if I knew about her religious beliefs though.

• It has nothing to do with your attire. They act of their own volition hoping that your religious views are looser than others. Those in traditional garb may just be seen as having stronger views thus not being asked as often.

• Yes, just a guess but they probably assume you are less religious because you dress western.
    However I would think the Muslim religion would be more intimidating than attire for most guys.
    My sisters wear head scarfs as well and get asked out all the time.
    Some guys just enjoy the challenge. Lol

• Well, I would think that you are religious but just not as religious as the other girls.

What Girls Said 1

• Maybe they just dont understand the culture