Why do women let themselves go after they get into a relationship?

my ex friend she was in tip top shape. She worked at twin peaks and eversince she was with her bf she got fat. she is short so it is more noticeable too. when we were friends she would post pictures of pasta and pizza when they went out on their anniversary.

a current friend of mine she was not let it go but she was not fat either but she was dating this guy for a long time and when I saw her the second year she got a obese. she told me is because her and her boyfriend go out to eat.
I have noticed also old high school friends on Facebook who look plain eversince they got engaged. my high school. She used to look like a stunning redhead now she looks like Pippi Longstocking ever since her boyfriend engaged to her which I do know her boyfriend.

I know so many more

Most Helpful Girl

• I think women like that were never very self conscious about themselves in the first place. I for one can never let go because I'm insecure about my looks and therefor spend lots of time on it and making myself look good. I can't ever see myself not doing it. A good female friend of mine who is also very self conscious and shy has been with her boyfriend for like 7 years now and she always looks freaking amazing. Like 10/10 would bang amazing. But we both share the common trait of insecurity. I think there's obviously also a *comfort* element in being in a long time relationship but I'm very pessimistic when it comes to love so for me I would have to be with a guy very very long to let my guard down and perhaps get a bit more comfy but I'd also still make a effort just because I love make up, staying fit and doing things for myself.

What Guys Said 6

• Yeah, it's the "I've got one now, I don't need to keep the bait fresh" sort of mentality. Kind of depressing to watch, really.

• once they catch there guy they don't figure they need to loo good any more :(

one thing about the eating a lot of girls don't like to eat big meals in front of guys when dating but once there married it doesn't bother them I mean if there hungry they should eat but that is a big change and has to play some effect on them

• If a guy was asking this question he'd get flamed to death.

Your friends are doing it wrong; they need to wait until they're married to let themselves go.

• There is no research on this that could be found on Google. None.

• Pippi is hot, now I'm going to have to Google her

• Whoaaa! I Googled her and I guess it has been a couple (20) years since I last saw her. Yikes

• The kingdom has been conquered...

What Girls Said 4

• Cause they get comfortable and think they won't need to attract him anymore now that he got her

The same goes for guys

• I guess they are not trying to impress someone to get in a relationship. I usually try harder when i am in one tho.

• They get comfortable and feel less pressure to look a certain way. Guys are just as guilty of that.

• Not true for me. Total generalization.