I think my new navel piercing has been pierced incorrectly -- what should I do?

I've had a belly button piercing but the bottom ball of the bar is barely visible , it just looks like a stud above my belly button. I'm in so much pain, I can't rest my shoulders back or sit down or stretch my arms above half way as I can feel it almost tearing the skin, like a more exaggerated version of the sensation of your skin staying stuck to a plaster when your peeling it off. Im in a lot of pain and it won't stop stinging and I was told it should only be sensitive to the touch. The piercers says I can go in and they'll have a look at it for me but now I'm deciding if they suggest anything like a different bar whether to agree to it or just have them remove it completely ? Will I be left with scarring?

Most Helpful Guy

• Go back where you had it done. You would be better off having it removed. Any scarring would be minor and wouldn't be visible unless you're looking for it.
    Get your money back. Wait for it to heal. Then if you want to have it redone...just go somewhere else.

What Guys Said 1

• Get your money back and start over somewhere else

What Girls Said 1

• its better for you to remove it if its causing so much pain..you will be left with very little scars (like two little dots) or even no scar at all...just get rid of that piercing