Are more modest women taken more seriously?

I've noticed working in a professional atmosphere that people seem to respect and take the women more seriously who wear longer skirts, looser pants, and higher necklines... Is it true that the less revealing you dress, the more seriously you're taken?

Most Helpful Guy

• Correct. They are no longer sexual objects. They are colleagues.

What Guys Said 11

• Pretty much. Slutty clothes = horny attention. Where more relaxed clothes means more modest attention.

If a girl's showing cleavage and thighs and such a guy's gonna assume she's looking for sexual attention.

• In very large companies and serious businesses this is usually true because it shows you are dressing nice just to dress nice and show you care about the company. If you wear skimpier clothing it shows you might also be looking to go on a date which means you aren't fully concentrating on your work

• In a professional work setting, the more professionally you dress, then yes there's a greater probability people will take you seriously. Professional doesn't always have to be overly formal, though.

• A beautiful woman with modesty = intelligence. She knows she dont need to show skin but atteact them with her wit and beauty.

• Sadly, yes. We still live in a society that expects women to be conservative, to be small and not attract much attention.
    Yet, the most influential women are those who are bold, daring, not afraid of making a scene.
    Beyonce, the editor and chief of Vogue, Tyra Banks. These aren't small, conservative women, they're what some would call bitches that get what they want.
    But bitches is just a label given to women who get shit done and don't give a fuck if you don't like how they do it.

• Definitely its all about how you present yourself.

Now put yourself on the other side. Imagine I rocked up to a job interview with you interviewing me and I wore slippers a singlet and didn't shower for a few days.

Would you take me seriously?

• Yeah, they are. It also has to do with that has a more professional look too, as well as modest.

• Yes absolutely.. Don't change your modesty. Ah you are so cute :)

• Would make sense.

• Of course. Women who wear revealing clothes in a professional environment are always assumed to be seeking an advantage by appealing to men's sexuality. That may get them attention but not the kind they should be seeking. It obvious to everyone and people usually view it as looking for an unfair advantage. In my opinion it's not too much of a stretch to liken it to prostitution.

• No. Everyone respects a woman who dresses like a club rat. Nothing says responsible like a tramp stamp and a skirt that looks like she slept with 50 separate guys in while out partying late to come in the next day to perform poorly and push all the stress and work to the other male employees.

Whom she later complains is sexist because they got a raise and promotion for carrying her wait along with their own.

What Girls Said 1

• Because you keep thing a bit private. I believe a fairly privacy is important. Otherwise where is the mystery? :)