Minimal vs. Sophisticated makeup; Opinions?

So far my makeup routine takes about 1 min. Mascara only and when I'm in a good mood, some foundation, but skin is pretty clear, so whatever

And I was wondering if I should start to pick up a more sophisticated makeup routine?
And I don't mean looking like this sosickwithit.com/.../...akeup-fails-120313-14.jpeg but actually well done make up.

my cousin is an make up artist and she did it once for me and results were wow. but then my friend said she'd never wear that much makeup, because she doesn't want a guy to be disappointed when she takes it off and it's less wow. You know still pretty but not that gorgeous, as demonstrated in the pictures below
Would that be a huge turn off then?

Now I realise that my make up will never be like in the pictures below, but you get the idea and a bit of contouring and highlighting can do a lot

As for the poll, which do you prefer?

Brooklyn Decker:
img2.timeinc.net/.../brooklyn-decker-300x400.jpg
www.blogcdn.com/.../...yn-decker-12-1363289866.jpg

Megan Fox:
1.bp.blogspot.com/.../...Fox_Without_Makeup_03.jpg

resources0.news.com.au/.../465552-megan-fox.jpg

Miranda Kerr
www.stars-without-makeup.com/.../...out-makeup.jpg
4.bp.blogspot.com/.../...S_Beauty_Breakdown_01.jpg

Scarlett Johanson:
uk.eonline.com/.../...6-560.Scarlett.jl.072513.jpg
www4.pictures.stylebistro.com/.../...Zkom-tVil.jpg

Doutzen Kroes
www.bellazon.com/.../post-1950-1144971189.jpg
hairstyles.thehairstyler.com/.../Doutzen-Kroes.jpg

• Minimal/ No makeup
  • Sophisticated

Most Helpful Guy

• I only like make up when it's used to express something about your personality.
    http://goo.gl/dm3PVR
    http://goo.gl/WYxv4L
    http://goo.gl/FSDQgz

When it's used to "enhance", to me it translates to "I know I'm not pretty enough but I'm trying to make you believe that I am". It's the equivalent of a guy using PUA pick up lines he read two hours ago.

What Guys Said 4

• Keep it small. Little makeup is best.

• Sometimes more sometimes less or none

• for every day

• I don't mind. I know that sounds like a cop out but I don't mind. I like both. If I never saw partner without makeup that would bug me and if she never wore a fair bit that would suck too. But whether it's 20/80 or 80/20 - whatever she likes and makes her feel good.

• That first picture made me wanna vomit she looks like a clown and that fake orange tan yuck lol. Minimal makeup looks way better.

• well to be clear, that was the example of what I don't mean

• Yeah I know but minimal makeup is always better otherwise the girl looks fake/high maintenance which is a huge turnoff.

• keep it as natural as possible. afterall that's how you were born, so minimalistic, definitely.

What Girls Said 2

• minimal day-to-day, and sophisticated on special occasions or when you're in the mood.

I LOVE wearing makeup. I love playing around with it and honestly think there is an art to it. However, I'm also lazy and despise taking it off, so I don't wear it too often.

• im a minimalist so that will always be my pick