Why do girls wear lots of beaded bracelets on top of each other?

Just a quick one, I am probably being ignorant. A girl I recently started dating wears 7 or 8 beaded/leather type bracelets on her left wrist I have never seen her not wearing them. Just wondered if it is a just a fashion thing? Or is there any other reason she would wear them?

Most Helpful Girl

• I do it as well. I try and collect a bracelet from each country/place I travel to. I have them on my ankles too.

I probably look like a gypsy.

• This is probably the reason as she loves to travel too. Thanks for your opinion, you don't look like a gypsy to me ;P

• Possibly :) And ha, on a day-to-day basis I kinda do. lol

• Thanks for MH :)

What Girls Said 17

• I know there are a lot of cultures in the Global South where its common to layer up beads or bangles or whatever, I don't know what the significance is. But it has entered western fashion & has been emptied of it signifiers in Euro-America, which happens (you can make up yr mind on what you think of that idk) - but I mean, it can, esp. bangles & stuff I think have a lot of meaning. It depends on her culture? But it might just be a fashion thing. Or even a gift from a loved one or sth

I know a girl who wears like, 30-40 rubber wristbands at all times, never takes them off. Its mostly just cuz she's Wild about 'em but also she does it to cover her self-harm scars, I think, awh :(

• I used to wear tons of bracelets like that back in high school.
    They could have some sort of significance to her, has to do with an interest or just because she thought they were pretty lol.

• Its just a fashion thing. Girls like to play with their look and change it up. Don't read too much into this it will probably change in a month or two.

• I don't do that but it's a trend

• Maybe she likes the way it looks, or maybe she cut herself.

• Probably just for style they might have some sort of meaning, why don't you ask her?

• It could be culture, fashion or have significance to her. Most likely you can't be positive unless you ask her.

• I do that too
    I like to have accessories on me when I go out

• I don't like to wear strange clothes or make myself a joke
    I hate even to change how i look
    Maybe i will put a some makeup and wear something comfortable and beautiful not everything in the fashion and not any colours.

• She could be cutting and wearing bracelets to hide her scars, so many people I know do. She could just like them though, personal preference and all..

• Maybe she likes them. I used to wear a million beaded bracelets on my wrists in middle school. I thought it was cute and colorful and bold. I loved it. There's no real reason behind it, maybe she just thinks it looks nice.

• A fashion statement I guess

• Ummm okay so yeah it's fashion but careful because girls who cut (i don't mean that she does but just in cass) always hide them! But it's probably just fashion

• It could be different things.
    I have a friend who wears a multiple bracelets representing different things in their life, but for me I used to just always wear a bunch of different bracelets because they were like a part of me.

• They coulda been given to her or she could just enjoy the look

• She thinks it's cute and fashionable

What Guys Said 3

• "Depends on the culture" came to mind but I'm just going to say it's a fashion thing.

• She could self harm and uses them to hide it, I wear a few rope ones to cover up scars

• Because they are soooooooooo cute.