What is the deal with the "half hijab" look?

So I was watching 60 minutes last night and they were doing a segment on Iran, from inside the country. I noticed that some of the girls were wearing their hijabs like this www.tooptarinha.com/.../1281605502_387-11.jpg I was wondering what is up with that?

0|0
3|3

Most Helpful Girl

• An excellent question! After 1980s grip of the Islam in Iran, The clergies gradually began enforcing Islam's strict dress codes. In Islam men and women are to dress modestly and women are to cover their hair. In order to force millions of unwilling people into submission, they hired thugs whose job was to roam the streets and spray acid on those who did not obey. The clergies favored Hejab for women is "Chador".(A Fabric worn over a scarf that drops down to the feet). It is still required if you are a Government official or worker. You also see them worn in various demonstrations staged by the government. It is mandatory!
    Other than that if a women wears a Chador there is usually a reason behind it. Either a political support for the current regimen or somehow being forced to. For example, public schools require wearing Chador in many smaller towns. Female University students receiving grants or financial aid, you get the picture.
    What you saw in 60 minutes is a typical female in Iran. Defying and resisting an unfair and unjust rule.
    Hejab is probably the single most sensitive issue among the people of Iran. Iranian women have led the way in the social resistance movement. So much so that many predict this antiquated law will become unenforceable in a decade or so. Initially this movement was limited to large urban areas. It is now wide spread. Many clergies have come to admit this fact publicly and are for abandoning this law.
    **Hejab is Farsi version of Hijab.
    This is the long and short of it.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Whatever makes them happy. It's their cultural

0|0
    0|0
  • Some girls just do it bc it turned into a tradition but it really shouldn't be like that. If u wanna wear hijab it must be worn fully not worn like that. And to the guy that said it was a dumb thing, thats just rude and uncalled for

1|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• they are pushing the envelope. Its wearing hijab, but not wearing it correctly. Its like the woman that wear minidresses, tights, and boots, but still wear hijab. Its like see Im covered, even if you can see everything god gave me.

Its more a fashion thing.

0|0
    0|0
  • It better mean that they are revolting against full hijabs and are finally being able to show their body to public.

0|0
    0|0
  • because they still want to feel pretty and know that isn't going to happen with that dumb thing on their head. so this is a compromise.

0|0
    1|1