Can you wear foundation when you have acne?

I have acne but I take care of my skin. I was thinking about using foundation while my skin doesn't get better.
So, is there any foundation that I can use?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's probably not the best idea if you want it to clear up. What I would suggest is keep your skin bare as much as possible, and if you feel you need to you can spot-cover the really unsightly ones if you are going out. NARS makes a good long-lasting concealer that comes in a lot of different shades, and you only need the tiniest bit to cover blemishes. It's a bit pricey but worth it in my opinion.

Also consider adding a honey mask to your evening skin routine. Just put a thin layer of organic honey on your face and leave it for about 30 minutes or longer. It's a natural antibacterial and will help clear up your breakouts.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 9

• I wouldn't recommend it because you need to keep your pores open and let the breathe, and foundation can/will clog the pores more and may worsen and spread the acne.

• i use a neutrogena sensitive skin foundation and i have acne.

• You can definitely wear it, just make sure it doesn't clog pores and that it doesn't break you out. Always get a sample first. My skin is super sensitive, so only a few products suit me. I don't have acne, but I know plenty who do have it and they use foundation. You can give it a try, as others say mineral makeup is very good, but Estée Lauder double wear is also very good (but it's full coverage so it depends on what you want).

• I would advice against this, or skin needs to breath, and foundation doesn't allow this

• Get a mineral makeup, but make sure you get one that you don't react to. I prefer Everyday Minerals because I found out I was allergic to Bare Minerals. Mix a little of the powder foundation with your moisturizer and apply it to the face (mix it in your hand everyday rather than mixing it and leaving it in a bottle). Let it dry and then you can brush more of the powder on later to add coverage.

• Thanks. I may try that.

• If you want to, i would use a light coverage instead if a high coverage foundation.

• A dry mineral based foundation would be best IMO.

• I like covergirl liquid foundation.. I have acne to and it looks good on my skin :)

• Try not to wear foundation when u have break outs it will do more harm than good.