Suggestions to replace my favorite discontinued fragrance?

I have worn Bulgari Blu II Eau de Parfum (this is a women's frangrance) for a few years and it is my signature scent. Unfortunately, it has been discontinued.

I am looking to find a fragrance that is as close to my beloved Bulgari Blu II as possible, though I realize nothing can be exactly duplicated.

The Bulgari scent I mention here gives me an overall impression of vanilla and a moderate amount violet with a bit of powdery spice. It's like a warm, sexy hug.

Fragrantica's website describes it as follows (interestingly, with no vanilla):

Top notes of violet, star anise, liquorice and mandarin/middle notes of iris, patchouli and vetiver/base notes of amber, Tonka and musk.

They list Prada Infusion d'Iris as a similar scent, but I don't get it. Or smell it.

So, has anyone tried Bulgari Blu II and if so, any suggestions for a scent that I might like as a replacement?

I'm a woman looking for a woman's fragrance I just clarified this Bvlgari blue to is for a woman because some Bvlgari fragrances with this title are for men

Most Helpful Guy

• I unfortunately ran into a similar problem. My favorite aftershave balm was Armani Eue Por Homme. They stopped making it. Go to a perfume counter and ask that person to pick out a similar, widely available scent. Or, if you are already in a relationship, bring your other and ask them to help pick a new scent (I had my wife pick out another one that is much cheaper at Bath & Body Works.)

What Guys Said 1

• Buy Rihanna it's cheap and really girly, I just wanna hit girls over the head that wear it and drag them back to my cave lol joke. :)))

What Girls Said 1

• Try Angel by Thierry Mugler. It's definitely a very warm, rich vanilla scent on the base notes. I have the lotion format and I personally love it. You only need the tiniest bit as well.
    Fragrantica: "Top notes are melon, coconut, mandarin orange, cassia, jasmine, bergamot and cotton candy; middle notes are honey, apricot, blackberry, plum, orchid, peach, jasmine, lily-of-the-valley, red berries and rose; base notes are tonka bean, amber, patchouli, musk, vanilla, dark chocolate and caramel"

Obviously you can't detect all of those scents, but it's overall a sweet smell to begin and then a musky vanilla.