Do clothes really make the man?

So, physical reality time: I'm not hot. I'm okay with this but I have a date, so I thought to myself "How do I fix this within the 6 hours I have left?" and then I thought "FASHION!" but now I come to you with a question:

Can you fix moderately appealing with clothing in order to create "Decisively attractive" which is +2 on the scale?

I'm a nervous wreck. ^_^

• Yes!
  • No :(

Most Helpful Girl

• It doesn't make a man, it's the personality and the way you hold yourself that could be appealing. Of course that doesn't give you reason to dress like you don't care about your appearance. It helps your appearance though... For example, when my boyfriend gets dressed in suits or anything formal, he turns me on more than usual. It definitely helps but it doesn't make a man.

What Girls Said 23

• @The_Unwanted A well groomed man with a fashion sense makes a difference without doubt. May I add though, a smart and fun personality does much more then his clothes. It also can bring up a man on the attractiveness scale.

Sincerely,

Erotica

• Congratz and have fun on your date!! Don't be nervous and over everything else, stop underestimating yourself. If you got a date then she definitely finds something attractive in you. Drop the nervousness and be confident... it'll be easier to just have fun.

Clothes will definitely make a difference but that shouldn't be a factor in how "attractive" you are. But hey, you still gotta dress to impress- that’s a major factor in making a first impression (uh, obviously? LOOL) Be a gentleman and rock her night. Anyway I’m out… you know the basics already :D

• Erotica put it all out for you pretty "professionally," might I say. :)

• I've voted No, before reading the whole question (since it appeared on that frame on the right), but the answer is YES or Not Always, or even Sometimes.
    Is this about the girl who asked YOU on a date? Geez, some pick something nice, fix your hair and off you go.

Btw, this was asked 2 days ago? How did it go?(*^^*)

• You have the date already, so you really have nothing to worry about! Is she a friend? Acquaintance?

• cool. did you ask her out or did she ask you out? howd you meet:)

im a swimmer sadly im not good with clothing, sorry.

but congrats:)

• Nice clothes go a long way, but if you're a complete wreck, they probably won't help that much.

• If you're a male mannequin (the not living ones), yeah. Dress decent, look clean. Worry about who you are as a person, it's honestly what matters most.

• It can go both ways. The clothes can make you or you can make the clothes. But there's some people without hope out there all because there is not much confidence in them and you would at least have to be a 5and up in order for the clothes to help and ofc confidence

• dressing well can improve ur appearance

if a guy is avg looking, his swag can make him cute

• Clothes can HELP make the man...for sure.

• Clothes don't make a man, but clothes complete the package. It shows you take pride in yourself.

• I say yes. A guys hotness depends greatly on his style and scent. Plus confidence (not cockiness)

• Wear your sexy underwear ;) You never know ;) LOL hahahaha

• How did your date go?

• Um sometimes it can not going to say it applies all the time.

• It doesn't make any person as far as i'm concerned. I like it when a man knows how to dress for the occasion, and puts a bit of time into his appearance.

• Yes, but you can't judge a book by its cover.

• Not really. Are you the naked emperor?

• Sure it helps but only there personality can make them who they are.
    Artificials don't define you, you define yourself.

• Clothes that fit well definetly help.

• to an extant yes.

• The clothes don't define a man but it helps to look better.
    My boyfriend doesn't really care about what clothes to wear and it doesn't matter. When I help him chose his clothes, he gets incredibly hot

• What a guy wears can really impact his attractiveness. Wear simple clothing without large brands across it.

What Guys Said 15

• CRISP AND CLEAN...they call it that for a reason. Now if your just a tool, and have ZERO personality, yea won't help at all. If she laughs at your jokes, you open doors for her, and your cool to be around...then the awesome hair do and the clean and crisp look (go all out bro...wax the brows, fresh due, crisp cloths, like starched out the edges) that completes the agenda.

Ultimately, you make the man, but just so happens, when you ARE the man, add the crispness, you make the LEGEND! haha

• if the girl isn't attracted to you beforehand, dressing in clothes that are fashionable or acceptable just show that you can conform and be what society think you should be on a date or an outing. I hate dressing up, I don't wear beat up clothing or dirty things, but I will do my best to wear something that say something about me or an interest I have. if you were on the street walking and you see a girl or a guy with striped shirt and some kind of pants are you going to talk o them? no. if you see someone wearing something that showed an interest of there's like music they like or an interest they have like wearing a baseball cap or some kind of emblem on their shirt that you recognize, who are you going to talk to? definitely more likely to have a conversation with the person that you have some kind of understanding about.

I'd rather go on a date with a 'cool chick' lol rather than a plain chick lol,

• Yes. Definitely. If someone says it can't, then they're stupid.
    Proper clothes + good hair[style] can bring you up 3 or 4 points possibly.

• Wonderful, now I am encouraged, possibly as a delusion, and will promptly begin fretting over what to wear.

• Who cares about cloths? I could care less. I don't dress like a slob either though. I will not wear jeans with rips and tears in them, or too low...
    low cost generic does just fine.

• Well, according to the word on the street, apparently, every girl's crazy for a sharp dressed man.

• I want look good and smell good , i wear casual clothes not expensive clothes etc, i can buy $7.00 cologne and it smells
    awesome , no way i'm spending $20.00-50.00 for cologne for
    it to wear off in a hour..lol

• Try $80 for a bottle of actual good cologne.

Good cologne doesn't wear off in an hour. That's what makes it good cologne instead of $7.

• Nope the person behind the clothes makes the man.

• She'll only care about what you wear at first. Once she gets to know you, it won't really matter unless you're going on a fancy date.

• She obviously likes you. You can do no wrong.

• Clothes, hair stylez, and glasses all da way! Also with dat naughty smile ;)
    Gurls can't resisted

• Yes, a really nice birthday suite never hurts.

• I dont think they make the man but they certainly dont hurt.

• hey you should message me i can help you with your hair and clothes. show me a Facebook link or some pics of u while ur at it. hopefully ur white and dont have red hair. these are the easiest to work with

• Nope. The man makes the man

• First thing's first. Decide that you want to be happy EVERY SINGLE MOMENT OF YOUR LIFE from now on... YOU are the ONLY thing that is keeping YOU from happiness every single moment of your life. You can wear brand name clothes if you life, but I can't even begin to express how petty of a difference it makes if you're the most confident guy in the room.

Bottom line: Just be confident. It's your RIGHT as a human being to be able to experience happiness WHENEVER you want to. Fuck what other people think of you. If they want to judge, that just shows how self-conscious and pathetic they are... But chances are, they'll think very highly of you if you are as confident in yourself as you can possibly be, even if you do make a fool out of yourself from time to time.

Take what's yours from life, and take it right fucking now.

Sincerely,
    Someone who may or may not know what they are talking about