Dont know how to tell her... guess you girls can help?

basically i'm a dude and i'm taking my girl to a special place where its really hard to get into, I didn't tell her the place as its a surprise but i told her to get a dress ready coz we are going to a fancy place, she got all excited and everything which is great, basically the place is kind of like a country club but there will be horse racing and all that crap. today she told me she went out and got a dress and i was excited and asked her to send a pic, she sent a pic and its sooooo nice on her i was shocked however, i feel its too overdressed, because she doesn't know where i am taking her she kind of got a dress a girl would wear to a engagement party or something... Now im only saying this because i dont want her to go there and feel uncomfortable, i personally dont mind coz i know she looks hot as hell but i know you girls will mind...
now how do i tell her without me looking like i dont like the dress, if i tell her it is too much im sure she will get angry because she doesn't know the place we are going (which is kind of my fault) but whaat do i do?

Most Helpful Girl

• You should have told her to dress casual not dressy

What Girls Said 4

• Oh, I feel for you that's rubbish. You're trying to do something so nice for her and it's backfiring a bit.

Do you know for definite she will be over-dressed? I'm not sure what country clubs are like but here (UK) people get VERY dressed up to go to the races.

• hey thanks all for the help (if it all goes bad i will tell her sister) ... i am in the UK taking her to Goodwood.. it is so fancy, the good news is i was just with her and we checked the weather forecast and it said it will be raining on that day so i said "oh no maybe a dress in the rain would be bad" and she agreed :D bad thing is she doesn't know what to wear but hopefully not that dress :P

• I agree with previous commenters, ask her friends to kind of help hint to her that her dress won't be appropriate for the occasion and that she needs to dress down a bit. It's going to be less painful for her to hear from a friend that they don't like the dress rather than hearing it from you. Also, that way, it'll still be a surprise.

On a side note, personally, I'd rather be overdressed than underdressed. But if it's crucial that she pick a different dress, try to get her fiends involved.

• Just tell her it's too fancy for where you are taking her, she's not going to get mad. Just make sure to say that you do like the dress and you will take her somehwere another time where she can wear it.

• God...is your mom close with her? Or maybe you can talk to her mom/sister/friend and let them know where you're going and that you think she's going to look too dressy so maybe they can help her tone it down without telling her where she's going?

What Guys Said 0