What is your opinion on people with ugly faces dressing up in nice clothes?

I was told today that women with ugly faces shouldn't be allowed to dress up or wear skirts and dresses. I went to a social thing to meet new people in a skirt and blouse and this other woman (who was older than me) said this to me. She was with a group, and they all agreed. Not one person seemed to disagree, and if they did, they didn't speak up.

I was rude back, even though I probably shouldn't have been. She was really overweight, so I made a comment about her weight, but she said it only applies to people with ugly faces because the face is more important than the body.

I've never heard of this before. Is this an opinion a lot of people have? I wouldn't be wondering so much if it hadn't been basically a whole group backing her up. If she had said it by herself I wouldn't have cared. Keep in mind, they were probably ten years older, so it wasn't insecurity from younger people.

Most Helpful Girl

• What the hell? First of all that's not true. Being ugly for one is subjective and most people won't agree on whether or not a person is "ugly." Secondly, "ugly" people also have formal events to attend, are they supposed to show up in jeans? And fuck that anyway, anyone can wear what they want.
    So I totally disagree. And was she trying to say that you were ugly? What prompted this?
    If she's over the age of 12 then she's too damn old to be that petty and catty.
    I think some of it has something to do with get weight. She feels bad about it so she attacks others. And her friends just didn't speak up. I doubt they agree or that anyone agrees.
    And I highly doubt you're unattractive... She's JEALOUS

• I'm not sure, I just went up to introduce myself. It was a formal meetup group. I have social anxiety so I use these groups to try and improve it. And so far it has worked, but today kind of put set back on it. I smiled at them and everything. I've never really encountered this kind of thing, so I don't know what I did to get her to say that.

• Aww well don't let them impede your progress. Some people are just dicks. Try not to think about it. You seem lovely.

What Guys Said 5

• That woman is a rude pig.She probably doesn't want someone with a better body putting her to shame by looking good.
    Anyone who tries to make the most of what they've got and look presentable deserves points for it.She wouldn't like it if someone told her that fat people shouldn't even try to look goog.

• older people have retarded views about life. and they don't realize how dumb they sound. if you had something to hit her with you should have used that. or spilt a drink on her. and you had every right to be rude back to her, especially if she was telling you because she was talking about you. you had a right to be rude and you probably could have gotten away with hitting her lol which she deserves with opinions like that

• People can dress how they want. If you want to dress that way then do so. Who cares what that lady said, she is rude as hell. Personally I always find it more attractive when girls dress nicely.

• What do you have against less attractive people

• Did you read the description?

• As long as she doesn't overly dress herself. Otherwise it would be very aesthetically unpleasant for me

What Girls Said 8

• People can wear whatever they want regardless of how physically attractive they are...I've never heard anyone say otherwise.

• Never heard that opinion before. But thats very rude. People should be able to wear whatever they want and feel confident regardless if someone finds their face to be unattractive.

• Anyone can dress how they want, don't let other people tell you how to depending on your looks, thats such bullshit.

• Wow. I'm sorry, but she sounds like a bitch o_o honestly, I would have hit her. People deserve to wear what they want. It isn't a matter on outer beauty, its inner beauty. If she is that much of a bitch on the outside, its her that's ugly both inside and out. Not you. you're beautiful. You seem like you're nice and sweet. Therefore you're beautiful.

• I'm average looking but for the less attractive one's, they dress to kill with confidence. If you know you're unattractive, would you dress unattractively? Of course, no.

• People who fell confident are the ones who admire.The looks don't matter at all.Why u want a hot face and some hoe cloths no so yea people are pretty in their ways regardless their face.

• Were they all attractive

• She had a pretty face, but she was very overweight, the rest of them were average to good looking. None were really bad looking.

• If they don't look like models and they have no right to say that
      Especially the outweighs chick. Fat girls are ugly to society. No one listens to them anyway

• If you were truuuuulllly ugly enough for her to make such a hateful and bold comment, she wouldn't have felt threatened enough by your "ugly" face to even make the comment in the first place. There would be no need? It's like picking on a handicap person and even among mean people that is still not socially acceptable... I mean really, if you are soooo ugly she would have ignored your gace and so would everyone else because they would have all felt sorry for you. Her and her groupies are trying to make you feel bad for no reason at all. Ignore it