Do some so-called classic scents seem too outdated to wear?

Just wondering about Chanel No 5. It has a remarkable history, but seems rather dated in my opinion. Help me to see the light, if there is one, about this fragrance! I feel almost guilty for not liking it.

What about Chanel No 19? All I can say is...oh, my nose!

Any other classics you just can't get your nose around?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't like it either; it reminds me of mosquito repellent. There's nothing wrong with not liking it though, but I get what you mean. It's like me and tea. I really want to be a "tea person" but coffee is just so much better.

• Thank-you for this validation. I can now pass by the Chanel counter without guilt and head straight for Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca. Not sure how classic it is, and not everyone's cup of tea, but I love it. I suppose upshot of all of this is follow your own nose.

• Haha you're very welcome. And you're right, as long as you like the scent and you feel good wearing it, that's all that matters!

What Guys Said 3

• I love Shalimar and it's been around since 1921. Our noses don't change. Perfume is all about body chemistry and what works for the individual woman. One lady I know wore Christian Dior and every time I got a whiff of her, I wanted to bite her on the neck and ravish her. My wife tried it and it wasn't anywhere near the same.

• Well, i wear all the new Brut and new old spice
    scents out there , i feel the older scents do
    fade out as far as cologne for men and i'm sure
    the same for women

• Well I'm wearing david off cool water right now and it's older than me.

What Girls Said 1

• Classics scents are for the older generation in my opinion