How long of hair on a is too long?

hey so im 5'3" and my hair is 2 feet long. i absolutely love having long hair its so great! but i wonder, how long is too long to be attractive? like i know after a certain point it just looks weird and unattractive so how long is that?

Most Helpful Guy

• When hair gets to about half-way down your back, that's probably as far as you want to go. Anything longer tends to look strange and abnormal.

I've seen some girls with hair down to their butt, and even down to their knees. It was actually really disturbing and unattractive.

Ideal length is shoulder to mid-back. Really short hair (shaved) only looks good for the few people who can pull it off. Often it looks too boyish.

What Guys Said 1

• I hate long hair down to a girls bum I don't know why I just always have. Just over shoulder length is enough for me.

What Girls Said 3

• It depends on how healthy it is. Long hair is attractive for the most part, but if it looks unhealthy (lots of split ends, dry etc) then the length won't make it look better.
    Personally, I think hair stops looking good after it reaches the lower part of your back (i.e. right before your butt). At that point it just starts to look like you're wearing a blanket on your head.

• I love long hair, still have long hair. I have had it short like Halle Berry and down to my waist, and long for me is the way to go.

However, you are right, there is a point where long hair just looks kooky, like your stuck in a medieval time warp. I say the longest that looks OK is half way down your back. You can have it a little longer if you have lots of layers, but if you have straight hair and like it to be one length, half way down your back is as far as you should go.

• It doesn't matter how long you have it as long as it looks healthy, and well maintained. My rule of thumb is no longer than mid back. Besides, guys love it when they can run their fingers through your hair. If you want a new look, research face shapes and find what compliments it. Good luck!