Eyeliner: What age do you think is appropriate to start wearing it?

I'm not into makeup. The most I wear is lipgloss and occasionally mascara. However I put on some pencil eyeliner for fun recently (my mom wears it every day and has been wearing it since she was a teen) and liked the look of it.

I only applied a thin line on both eyes, like this: cdn.makeupgeek.com/wp-content/uploads/pen1.jpg

What age do you think it's okay to start wearing eyeliner? Does eyeliner look like you're trying too hard when you're a teen? Is it unnecessary and barely make a difference in your appearance?

Most Helpful Girl

• I say do what you want to do. i experimented with wearing eyeliner when i was in the 4th/5th grade. it was of course badly done, but it was what i wanted to do. i stopped wearing makeup by the sixth grade aside from a bit of lip gloss here or there, or playing around with lipsticks and eye-shadows at home. i then started to really wear makeup (eye-makeup) when i went into high school. again i wasn't great at makeup but practice makes perfect and it was what i wanted to do. now that I've been out of high school for a while i am great at makeup and im comfortable without it too. i never put a restriction on anything because it was me, it was self expression and it made me happy.

What Guys Said 1

• How much or how you do it depends on how you think looks best on you. And what you feel happiest with. Don't do an x amount just because others told you to. It's your own decision. Same goes for when you start. It's up to you to decide because it's YOUR body.

What Girls Said 6

• To each is her own, but I didn't start wearing eyeliner or even experimenting with make-up until I was 18. My mom wouldn't let us wear make-up and while back in the day it used to irritate me, now that I'm a grown adult I totally understand why and I'm happy she enforced that decision. Not wearing make-up until I was an adult kept me humble and forced me to apply my true self instead of hiding behind some pretty art on my face. Like you, all I wore was lip gloss.

At what age do I think it's okay to begin wearing eyeliner? I guess it depends on the female and he reasoning for doing it. I do feel like it's better to wait because the self-esteem is so fragile at a certain age period that it becomes effortless for girls to use make-up to compensate for other insecurities. It can definitely look like someone is trying too hard especially if their make-up is on point but their personality could noticeably use some work.

• i started in the 8/9th grade i think? i wouldn't recommend it. eventually you get used to seeing your face with makeup on and you feel like shit without it. just avoid it altogether.

• I mean, as long as you don't over do it and look like a racoon.

That amount of eyeliner is perfect. (the one you linked)

i1.ytimg.com/vi/uI0R0bzMoyM/maxresdefault.jpg - I just do a simple winged eyeliner and that's it. Nothing more/less.

It doesn't give a dramatic look, which is good.

• I'm 16 and I've been wearing it since i was probably 13. Your eyeliner looks nice, I think it makes your eyes seem bigger and draws attention, that's why i wear it :) don't be afraid to try out new makeup if you want to. I tend to wear it quite thick with those cat flicks on the end :)

• All i wear is eyeliner and mascara period , Use it and mascara nothing more , its a simple look , and ur features would stay , just dont use other than that , and i started at age 15 -16 , now im 20

• And excuse my English

• Do your makeup like a p*rnstar