GUYS: Would it be a problem if your girlfriend were taller than you when wearing heels?

So, I'm a 5'7" tall girl who likes wearing heels. They make me feel feminine and fun.

My boyfriend is 5'10", so when I wear them, I'm sometimes his height but usually a bit taller.

I was out recently and his friend came to talk to us (who's probably about 6') and said, "geez how tall ARE you?" When I told him he just shook his head and my boyfriend laughed and said, "I know man how do you think I feel? I'm only 5'10""

It made me feel awkward and like I shouldn't have been wearing them. I know my boyfriend likes the way I look in them and never says that I should wear them, but I felt like I was making them insecure.

So what do you guys think? Girls: ever been in this situation?

• Yes, I'd rather her not wear heels.
  • No, I don't care if she's taller than me.
  • See results.

Most Helpful Guy

• He is still taller than you when your in regular shoes and your only probably a inch taller in heels so he shouldn't be insecure, also I think it was just a light hearted joke so I wouldn't worry too much.

What Guys Said 17

• I think that it is sexy like these two cdn02.cdn.justjared.com/.../...s-red-carpet-04.jpg

• Voted B. She'd have to be pretty damn tall, and I'd rather she not be taller than men in heels, but if she's that tall, she's that hall, and I'd rather her wear heels and look tall and smoking then have her not wear them and look marginally less tall and hot.

• I don't know if this will be helpful or not, but I don't think I'd mind if she was taller than m while she's wearing heels.

I am 6'4", though, so it's really never come up. My tallest girlfriend was 5'8", and she loved the fact that she could wear heels whenever she wanted, lol.

If it ever happened, though, I really don't think it would bother me.

• I don't care if she's taller. But I would love her to enjoy wearing heels.

• It wouldn't be ideal. I love a girl in heels, and I'm around the same height as your boyfriend. I try to date girls 5'6 and shorter so most heels work.

I think it's pretty sexy when heels bring a girl to about my height. A little higher would be annoying, but if I like her, I'd get over it.

• Don't care. really, there's bigger problems in this world which concern me.

• Well since I am 6'3" I would say yes.

• Can't say I would care. I wouldn't like if my gf was taller than me without heels but other than that it doesn't matter. I've never been into girls wearing heels anyway. It looks nice but feels kinda unnatural.

• doesn't matter to me... once home the heels come off... you won't puncture my water bed.

• Seriously, if you like heels that much, I think you need a taller bf...

• As long as she isn't towering over me
    I think girls have more of a problem with this than guys so if she doesn't have a problem with it, I'm not going to either.

• I'd be more worried about what the girl feels. Most girls won't date a shorter guy because they want to be shorter when they wear heels.

• She'd have to have 8" inch heels if she was your height to be taller than me...

• I would not care at all. I am only 5'6 so most girls in heels would be my height or taller anyway.

• I don't care if she's taller than me

• Nope, I would date a taller woman and she'd be able to wear heels as little or as much as she wanted.

• I'm 6'4 but hey bring her on :)

• lol :-P

• Girls like you are perfect for me. I looooove tall goddesses :)

What Girls Said 4

• I share the same thing with you as I wear killer high heels all the time and some are 6" tall so I'm a speck taller than my BF but he is a very confident individual and love seeing me in heels anyways. He would rather look up to me in heels than down at me in flats.

• I know what you mean! I just feel so much sexier in them and it's for him part of the time anyway :P

• the guy im dating is shorter than me and i wear heels around him.. maybe he was just trying to be cool around his friends as like a joke? i would ask him casually do u feel uncomfortable with me in heels next time ur with him getting ready to go out or something

• good call, thanks! :)

• I am in this situation but its gotten better for me cause my bf has gotten and is getting taller lol He PREFERS me to be shorter but he doesn't mind me wearing heels as long as im not taller and am the same height or once in a while, like he doesn't love it but he doesn't say I can't wear them either lol (oh im 5'5 btw)

• I wear shorter shoes with shorter guys, personally. It diminishes my attraction to look down at a guy.