Do you consider skinny a 23 y.o. guy at 120 pounds and 5'7" in height?

now i'm around 120-122 pounds most of the time (and 5'7") and people often comment "wow you are very skinny","you should eat more", etc but personally i don't think that i am THAT skinny...but just thin. what do you guys & girls think?

• you are skinny
  • you are just thin

Most Helpful Girl

• It's rather skinny, I'm a similar height and similar weight and I'm a girls
    Though just from height and weight it's hard to tell what you look like, body fat percentage and totals muscle weight would be helpful. A lot of guys are very thin in their teens because they grow so fast, but fill in their early 20s, maybe you're just a later bloomer

• not at all...actually i've lost over 100 pounds in the past :-)

What Girls Said 2

• It depends. My boyfriend is 5'8 and 120 something pounds. But he is very lean and all muscle so he looks great.
    So it's really about how you carry it and and what % is fat or muscle.

Either way, nobody has any right to tell you that you should eat more or anything like that aside from your doctor. It's rude and just as bad as fat shaming.

• You're very skinny

What Guys Said 4

• Your BMI is 18.8 which is around the border of underweight and normal weight. So you are somewhat in the thin side. Try to gain some weight by working out more.

• yeah but i've noticed that i'm not "seriously" underweight according to BMI :-)

• I mean no disrespect, but I have yet to see a male that was 5'7 or taller with a frame that would be healthy at your weight.
    See a nutritionist about getting on a diet to put on a few pounds.

• That doesn't sound very healthy, but then again I'm not a doctor.

• who the hell knows? post a pic. you can hide your face.