Hair styles for the natural girl?

Hello! My parents don't let me use hot irons to do my hair...

So I'm wondering how you can style natural hair? I have curly hair naturally. Sometimes all I do is brush it and it turns into a bush. Then I just put it in a pony. But that is so boring! I want a way to make my hair naturally cute and sexy without hot irons.

Is it possible? What should I use? Do you have any tips or hairstyles to give me? My hair isn't super long either, it's almost to my collarbone.

Thanks for any help!

Most Helpful Girl

• I also have curly hair that turns into a bush when I attempt to brush it! I found that using wide-toothed combs make it less...bush-like haha. I recently went months without using hot tools because I wanted to grow my hair out, and I was always getting split ends when I used my straightener.

I kept my hair down a lot of the time, and kept it out of my face by using a headband or clipping my hair half-up and half-down. I also found a lot of hair accessories from Forever 21 that made my ponytails less plain (head wraps, bows, etc) but I almost never wear them because I always forget haha. You could also try the accessories with a simple braid.

I'd suggest looking on Tumblr or Pinterest with "cute curly hairstyles"...I had a lot of results come up!

• Will do! Thank you for the help. :D

What Guys Said 1

• Use conditioner on your hair, look for a good hair styling cream that a hair stylist would recommend just put through
    your hair than let it go down or use it when you use a pony tail

What Girls Said 4

• Braid it? Milk maid braids are pretty cute, and you should be able to do them even with short hair. If you want inspiration, you could always go to YouTube and search for "easy hair styles for short hair". Most of them don't use any kind of hot tools to style.

• my hair is curly too but i rarely iron flat it due to its damaging effects..messy buns will look nice too

• Messy bun sounds nice. C:

• You can do twist outs or braid outs. My hair has all sorts of curl patterns in it. I've been heat free for about 8-9 months now. When I wash it, I usually finger detangle with leave in conditioner, split my hair into four sections and twist it up just for the night. I take it down in the morning and my curls are more defined. I would suggest buns also. High buns, messy buns, or side buns (my favorite)

• I have wavy hair. What I do sometimes is that I take a shower. My dry my hair until its a bit moist. Then I brush it. After that I either add moose or gel all over it. It usually stays in place for a few hours.

• That sounds good too! Thanks. :D