Will wearing an elephant necklace make people think I'm a Republican?

This sounds like a dumb question, but I just got the cutest necklace, and it's in the shape of an elephant. It was from the play I was just in (it's about an elephant) and I'm worried that people will think I'm making some sort of political statement. I was wondering if people would even think of that at all without me mentioning it. I'm Independent and don't like to talk about politics, so I'm a little worried!

Most Helpful Guy

• Someone might think that, but I doubt it. It can be a conversation starter about the sad plight of wild elephants today, and supporting efforts to crack down on poaching for the ivory trade.

What Guys Said 2

• I don't think so but I'm Canadian so not sure how serious some people take politics down there. I mean some people would assume someone was Christian /religious if they had a cross necklace on but as for the elephant thing doubt most people see it as political

• the political system and way people pick sides in 'murrica is a bit retarded, especially if it factors into your decision to wear jewelry or not.

What Girls Said 2

• I have an elephant bow tie. No one mentioned anything about politics, just told me it was adorable.
    You should be fine unless they were really into that stuff

• I think in general most people won't make that connection. Some really political people might think of it, but even then I think they would shrug it off and not assume you are making a statement. Especially if it's an ornate necklace. If someone starts talking politics because of an elephant necklace then they are whackos!