Guys, do prefer makeup or no make up?

Or just a little like maybe some eyeliner, mascara and Chapstick?

Most Helpful Guy

• I like things like: mascara, eyeliner, lipgloss (especially hot pink), painted nails (especially hot pink, LOL), blush.

I don't like: stick-on nails, drawn-on eyebrows, fake eyelashes, fake tan, sunbed tan.

What Guys Said 6

• My girlfriend wears no make up at all. Just mascara and eyeliner every once in a while which I thinks very attractive. It makes me know she's truly confident in her own skin. Some need make up to feel confident though, which there's nothing wrong with that. Just do whatever makes you feel confident in your own skin and I'm sure any guy will like that.

• I agree with @Catie101.

Evolution has wired men to seek out healthy women, by which I mean "healthy-looking in the ways that nature produces". When a woman wears make-up and other accessories, she should strive to make her finished appearance look like something nature itself would produce.

For example, nature does not produce faces of one color and necks of another, so blend the foundation down the neck to naturalize the appearance. Likewise, nature does not produce neon shadows under the eye brows, so leave the neon green eyeshadow for special occasions.

By all means, dye your hair, wear make-up, and do whatever else you want, but you will have the most success attracting men when you know the correct techniques for doing them and you strive to use them to improve your appearance while staying within the domain of what one can expect nature to produce.

• A little is fine, but if you start looking like a cartoon, it's probably way too much. No makeup is good, too, but I've seen that makeup can help raise self-esteem and confidence, so some lipstick/lip gloss, mascara, eyeliner and/or blush isn't a bad thing. Just make sure you're not hiding under your makeup.

• Refer to my qusetion here:

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q994965-i-hate-make-up-on-everyone-always-it-makes-people-look-artificial

"I hate makeup so much my rage could function as a second Sun for the solar system, and it causes self-esteem issues"
    would have been my vote on the vote.

So technically, I am not a fan. Mostly because I think it looks silly to be painting one's face.

• I prefer little makeup.Maybe some eyeliner (changing colors keeps it interesting) and lip gloss is about it.No blush, mascara, or cake.Be yourself.I want to love YOU not the paint.

• It depends for me I believe after a certan point make up should not matter.

What Girls Said 4

• I don't think guys fully know what they want when it comes to makeup. Most will say little to no makeup is good but what I find is that they just like natural looking makeup (and it can be a decent amount of makeup too), but applied properly.

I can wear liquid foundation, a setting powder, blush, bronzer, eyeshadow, eyeliner, lip stain and mascara and look natural and guys have responded well to that, meanwhile a girl can wear the same number of things but applied improperly (foundation too thick/wrong shade/not blended down the neck, eyeliner too thick, mascara too clumpy, etc.) and a guy will be turned off. I've even had a guy state that I wasn't wearing makeup when I was. Makeup should be used to enhance your features, not hide/change them.

• I think it really just depends on how you wear it. In most situations I would think a guy would prefer natural looking makeup or no makeup in comparison to some of the unnatural looks some girls go for (thick eyeliner, neon eyeshadow, etc.)

My boyfriend says he prefers no makeup. In my avatar I'm only wearing a bit of dark brown eyeshadow towards the ends of my eyes, and even then he doesn't notice when I don't put it on. In the end it's better to use makeup to enhance what you already have rather than use it as an illusion for what you want.

• From little to no make-up. I use baby powder, Chapstick and eyeliner to define my eyebrows. :}

• i know guys hate it when your foundation rubs off on their clothes soooo go light with that