I think I look good in the mirror and awful in pictures? Am I ugly or just unphotogenic?

So I don't find myself to be very pretty in the mirror either but I'm at least okay with what I see most of the time. And this is true even when I'm just walking past a mirror and not purposely posing or fixing myself.
But I can't take a decent photo of myself. I have a few times on accident. I don't have an insta for this reason. So I don't take pictures with other people either and if I do I still don't look good. The only pictures I generally look okay in is year book photos. I hate having to take pictures of myself. I always end up feeling really ugly.
I know a couple very attractive people who don't look good at all in pictures but I'm not really sure...I heard someone say that if you look ugly in a picture then you're just ugly.
Some people look BETTER in pictures too -_-
I really don't know what to think. In our ggeneration people take twenty pictures a day and I never do. What do you think?

• You can be un-photogenic and be prettier in real life than in pictures
  • You look just like how you do in pictures

Most Helpful Girl

• There are lots of pretty girls who don't photograph well. You see lots of this in the modeling industry...they think they look like models but it doesn't transfer to the camera well.

What Guys Said 3

• Are you sure you don't just have bad eyesight?

• You probably just don't look good in pictures, I know people like that. Me even. Thats why I don't post a picture here, I just look weird in photos.

• You just aren't photogenic. I'm the same, really handsome in real but ugly in photos :P

What Girls Said 3

• I've been told that many times that I look pretty in photos sometimes beautiful (depending on the compliment giver) but in person I usually get something along the lines of astounding beautiful, gorgeous etc. I don't really believe it. But whatever. I'm taken anyway :P

• I look different from my photos and my sister gains 20lbs in photos. She's had comments at Christmas time about a picture taken a month before. My aunts from out of town, where like how did you lose all that weight in a month? She looks completely different than her photos.

• That's how I feel. And on camera bad lighting can make a person look terrible! Don't worry too much hun I'm sure you're beautiful.