What exactly is a woman's "bust"?

Stupid question, I know, but when getting measured for bras or dresses, why is it called a "bust"?

Most Helpful Girl

• Your bust is the fullest part of your breast, usually the area of your tape measure would be placed if you were getting measured would be both of your nipples and around your back to get the correct measurement...it's called a busy because of the sculpture type "bust" they usually stop at the fullest part of the chest :3

What Girls Said 3

• Breasts. Maybe cuz they are busting out? Lol. Who knows why anything gets called the things they do.

• A bust is a sculpture that only shows a person's upper body. That's where the term comes from.

• Dem titties, right around the nipples.

What Guys Said 2

• Because they're bustin' weird.

I think it has to do with busting out of your dress. Or else it's a reference to statues. I have no idea.

• Its a woman's ability to visually grab a man's attention from whatever he is doing and stare at her.