How bad does it hurt?

I was thinking about getting my nose pierced and I'm wondering how bad does it hurt?

Most Helpful Girl

• It really does not hurt at all!

That is if you get the needle, which I recommend.

Not many places use the gun anymore, but I heard those things hurt like a bugger, I really recomend getting it done with a needle if you are looking for little to no pain.

The only pain you may get, is if you use the wrong type of nose stud, which can cause the skin to react to certain types of metal.

Also make sure you clean it, my best cleaning solution was sea salt.

Pour a little bit into a 500mL water bottle, shake it and take a Q-TIP and clean in and outside the nose, it works amazingly.

• Thanks!

I have gotten my belly button pierced,

If you have pierced your bellybutton which hurts more?

• Yes! I have my belly button pierced and I found that it hurt more than the nose.

The nose just is the slightest little poke, it will be over before you know it.

Also, like "finecute" said... It might make your eye water, from the piercer being so close to your eye, it made me kinda feel nervous cause she told me not to move, my eyes watered but I didn't find that it hurt at all!

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 8

• Not the most painful, but not the least, either. It was worse than my lower bellybutton piercing, and irritating while healing, as it is in such a sensitive place. I took mine out years ago, as it wasn't worth it anymore (everytime I sneezed, it popped out; not common, but it can happen).

• i pierced my own nose, and I actually didn't even hurt. My nose piercing ended up closing; so last month I ended up repiercing it again, and it didn't hurt again. So just do it: doesn't hurt at all. Unlike when you get your bottom ears done, now that fricken hurts at least for me. I'm never getting those done again. but I'm a little baby; so I think youd be good.

• hey I have mine pierced. I was so scared! I have my belly button and that hurt me so I was like omg nose is going to hurt more there is less fat lol and NOPE nose doesn't hurt as bad at all! so much easier I was surprised when the guys pierced it and it was over, I just had a quick tear that's it. Does not hurt at all, may be for a second but I don't even remember any pain at all. And yes ofcourse make sure he does it with a needle! guns are illegal to use, go to a good place and chose the side you want and where. I never used sea salt or anything. I used the anti bacterial soap like he said and cleaned it twice a day and make sure to rotate it, but don't touch it all day long, rotate it twice a day. The more you touch the less time it will take to heal and you might get an infection, just leave it alone! other than the time you clean it. So good luck :)

• it barely hurts.

• Nose Piercings don't hurt at all, not for me anyway. Its rather painless, you think its going hurt by looking at what they are going to stuff into your nose but its basically just a little prick and pressure. Very easy to get done. And your opposite eye will water. You might feel a little faint after the piercing, just get some soda or something sugary. Oh and the belly piercing is more sore than a nose ring, and my bellyring didn't even hurt... so .. If you want it, get it! I love mine!

• getting your nose pierced did hurt! on a scale of 1-10 (10 being the highest) it was around about an 8. but the pain lasts litteraly for a miniute.. its worth it, do be scared.. just don't wear eye makeup as your eyes water hell bad lol..

• I got the needle and it made my right eye cry..lol it hurts a little

• It hurts pretty bad, but its not unbearable. Just make sure you have a friend come along to hold your hand while your getting it done.