Guys what's your style? Are you stubborn about changing it up?

I take my guy friend shopping bc he wants my opinion but he won't try on anything that's out of his style boundaries which consist of a polo shirt , cargos, and ugly sneakers. I try to dress him up more modern and we bought some things that help his game but he won't wear it bc he thinks that it's to flashy. It not. He's so concerned about being looked at and it's not like we bought a neon tank and matching shoes all we bought was a nice flannel and pants that look good on him. All he says is he wants To blend in to the walls and I said you can still blend without looking like a forty year old soccer dad! Are any of you guys really stubborn with what you wear? Also how can I make him more confident so that he will be comfortable whit dressing his age and looking dateable for once?

Most Helpful Guy

• Men and women are fundamentally different when it comes to clothes.

For women, clothes are like decorative objects that can be switched for another day by day. Like, "I want to look like whats-her-name today, then tomorrow, I'm going to look like that-other-girl, and then..."

For guys, clothes are more permanent and are intended to reflect his identity. Like, "This is WHO I AM today, then tomorrow, this is still WHO I AM, and then..."

Trying to get a guy to fundamentally change his fashion sense is like trying to get a gay guy to put away the rainbow stickers. Good luck, because you're going to need it.

What Guys Said 9

• I have my share of cargos and polos, haha. In fairness I'm 35 and that looked cool as shit 10 years ago in my heyday, haha. 40 year old soccer dads were cool 25 year olds at one time. My biggest problem with fashion is the constant change. If something looks good, stick with it. I think the under 25 crowd dresses like assholes mostly, haha. It's not that I don't know how to dress in clothes that are now considered cool, I just think they look terrible and wouldn't be caught dead in it. The sneakers gotta be tight though. That's where outfits really fall apart, especially something simple like shorts and a polo. You need multiple styles and color schemes to match up.

• The out fit does start with the shoe! He won't wear shoes that match because he thinks it looks gay lol

• Ahhh, see that's what needs to change. Cargos and a polo is a classic look, or at least shorts if you don't like cargos. I've actually noticed guys 10+ years older than me in cargos lately, and guys 10+ years older than me 10 years ago WEREN'T wearing them. I think they caught on late and that's making them uncool, haha. Shorts have to cover your knees, I hate those little short pink shorts all the preppy dudes wear, haha.

But yeah, the sneakers...you can't just have some ugly running sneaker, and DEFINITELY not with jeans. I'm all about classic old school casual sneakers. They're cheaper and you can afford multiple colors to match your shirt and shade of jeans/shorts. So crucial to the outfit.

• I think the guy has to WANT to change his style. That's how it works for me. Went from the guy who wore shirts with funny, appropriate, sayings to wearing nothing but solid color pocket tees. I just didn't feel like the funny shirts reflected me anymore so a change was in order.

Last Christmas, a while ago I know, one of my aunts gave me some stripped shirts to add something different to my wardrobe, they still have the tags on them cause the store wouldn't let me return them. They aren't ugly or bad colors, I just don't want to wear stripes. Nor am I unthankful for the gift, at least she tried.

• Lol my grandma once got me a red poncho with a zipper down the front and a leopard collar. To say the least I looked sexy as hell in that thing !

• As long as it's comfortable, will last a long time and I don't look like a rainbow, I'm fine. I personally hate wearing shorts that go past the knees, but that's just me.

• I wear shorts, shirt, and flip flops when its hot out usually a hat and sunglasses

When its cold I wear jeans, shirt, and shoes or boots and a cap with either a sweater or coat.

I'm not stubborn with what I wear, just don't ask me to put on a dress

• I have no style. I enjoy wearing athletic shorts and a T-shirt. My ex had good style and if you buy it or think it is nice and you know fashion I will wear it as long as it is not tooo crazy.

• Changing our clothing style is like changing our hairstyle. We're afraid it'll look bad or something. That's probably not his style.

Aside from that can you recommend some clothes that look good on men for me? Lol

• Lol herm... I love guys in like a white t shirt and jeans with vans or boots. Or flannels... I kind of like how country boys dress. The key thing for me is that everything should fit properly. I don't like seeing guys with baggy pants or sloppy outfits.

• Oh and no flip flops unless your at the beach!! I don't know if this bothers other girls but it bothers me ! Lol

• I see, thanks! (:

• Some of us just r either 2 modest to wear flashy clothes or just dont give a fuck about fashion, me being the latter

• Whoa whoa whoa. That's close to what I wear. I look joocy.

• I try to look like a from a GQ coverpage, to feel good about myself and to get more female attention.

I don't like changing my style. I had the same style for 10 years and I intend to have my new style for the rest of my life if possible.

What Girls Said 2

• Yes, I LOVE clothes and I'm extremely picky about clothing. It's a form of expression for me. I go to trade shows, I collect stuff, I make stuff. I have built quite the wardrobe.

• Not all that much. I will take suggestions and try things on