Will you go out to, say the grocery store, without "getting ready"?

I ask because I know plenty of people who will not step foot out of the house without getting ready (which is relative for everybody). Wondering what the GAG community does. Thanks.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sometimes. It depends if its gonna be a fast trip to the store or not. I always prefer to put some effort into the way I look.
    It's the days where I don't try, I see EVERYONE I know haha. And that's never fun lol

What Girls Said 21

• I never leave the house without fixing myself up. The exception is when I'm feeling really crappy haha. Recently, I was sick with a bad cold and I went to the store looking like a hot mess because I desperately needed tissues and juice and I didn't give a flying feather about my appearance.

• Sure, lol, all the time. If I'm just going somewhere real quick to get a couple items, I don't care, I'll go in pajama pants. If I'm going to more than one place where I have to get out of the car, I'll usually at least put on jeans or something, it takes two seconds. =P I don't usually bother with makeup or showering before I go though, unless I'd already planned to do so. Quick trips though, I just hop in the car. I care about getting what I came for and getting back home as quickly as I can, not so much about what anyone else might think of me, lol

• I don't. I will never leave my house, unless it's an emergency, without getting ready. The "going to the grocery store in sweats" is really not my thing.

I'm not a teenager anymore, I'm a woman and women dress the part. To wherever it is they're going.

• So i guess if world war 3 hits and everyone is walking around in rags or locked up in interment camps, you're no longer a woman,

• Obviously, you didn't go past Kindergarten, because you can't seem to read or comprehend what I said.

World war 3 would be considered as the "emergency" that I so delicately described... Not that you got the hint.

• im usually wearing something...
    so i just slip on a bra or jacket to cover them nips, put on my shoes, and then check my wallet. then i check if i have my keys. then i open the door and lock it behind me.

i dont even brush my hair, teeth, or look in the mirror. when im hungry, im fucking hungry.
    I've gone out in onsies w/rainboots.

• I have to look presentable, so if I for example just got up then I need like 10 minutes to brush me teeth get dressed and fix my hair.

• Thanks! let me ask you this, if you had a "gut feeling" that you would run into someone you knew, would that change how you left the house?

• Depends on who I am meeting, if it's my crush or rival then yes I would try to look my best.

• I dont walk around naked unless im going to bed, so i have no reason to get ready when i leave, as im already dressed. I don't know what other getting ready there is.

if im going somewhere for a special occasion ill probably take a few extra minutes to look a bit nicer than usual, but thats about it.

• I put on shoes, because I wouldn't get service any other way

• i have to look somewhat decent but i have gone to the laundromat around the corner with my bands up !

i rarely wear makeup anyway but sunblock is a must.

• Hahahahaha I'm at the store right now I'm a pair of old boxers and a hoodie w/out hair or makeup done. It depends on if I really care what others' opinions are where I'm going.

• Exactly, lol, that's how I usually go to the store, unless I have several places to go/things to do. Then i -might- put on jeans. =P

• I just comb my hair, throw on some clothes and I'm as good as ready. I'm there to buy yoghurt and grab some tampons on the way, I don't need to look like a bloody model.

• Yes I would. But I'd like to be sure that I brushed my teeth, hair is up, and no need to wear make-up to grab a few things.

• Sure, put on yoga pants and a tank top. : D

Maybe, eyeliner but that's it. No longer than five minutes.

• If I was JUST going to the grocery store. I'd just throw on some sweats and wouldn't bother putting on makeup.

• Because my face is often red from acne and acne scars, then no. But there has been times, when my face is better and then I have gone out without getting ready.

• Yeah I really don't care I'm not out to impress anyone ha ha

• I do all the time. I'm usually in sweats or leggings and a t shirt.

• I usually just fix my hair or makeup quick if it looks bad, but I don't full on get ready.

• Yes I do haha.. Not all the time but I do so frequently when I'm doing chores around the house and I don't feel like getting ready to go buy something quick. I just put some jeans, put my hair in a messy bun, and I'm ready to go!

• Just to run to the store?
    Jeans, t-shirt, pony tail and glasses... I don't care about looking my best when I'm just picking up ice cream and bologna :-P

• absolutely not

• Ummm. If I'm
    Not planning in seeing anyone important I will hardly brush my teeth, or my hair.

What Guys Said 15

• Yeah, I will go out some places not wholly caring what I wear. If I'm just runnin around town getting gas, going to the bank, or the grocery store, I don't need to make sure all my clothes match and I'm wearing cologne. When I'm just hanging out with the guys, I'm not overly concerned with how I look either.

• No I will not, I don't wanna look like something the cats drug in. I have to look decent when I'm out in public, nothing worse than running around with raggedy messy hair or an old shirt on with stains and holes.

• I think there's a direct correlation with the time of day and that which defines "readiness".

For example, I've run into the convenience store to get beer (before having any beer, mind you) at like 1:30AM in long boxer shorts. LOL

During the middle of the day or the early evening, I usually just try and make sure not to look like a hot mess. :-)

• Lol boxers. I don't think I'd do that one

• It reminds me of imagining how I would get home if I got stuck outside naked lol. Would I walk with a bush around me or something lol

• Getting ready as in getting dressed? No. I need to change from home clothes to outside clothes. Everything else is all set up.

• I can't go outside without a suit on. I even wear one rand my manor house

• Yeah I go in sweatpants with my hair messy. A lot of times I just let my hair do what it wants. I don't even put make up on.

• Haha well the store was totally empty, and the boxers were of the long variety with the button in front. But yeah, it was a little risque by my standards. I just REALLY wanted a beer!

• I mean ill shower and make sure I dont look like ass but that takes me like 5-10 minutes at most its not a big deal.

• If getting ready means taking a shower, and brushing my teeth, then no. I don't like to go anywhere without doing those two basic things. I don't really do anything else to "get ready".

• I see people in pajamas at the supermarket sometimes.

• Not at all...i went for jog last weekend and then went directly to the grocery store. I looked like I had just run a marathon and could have cared less.

• I have went too the store drunk

• As long as my clothes are clean and my hair looks decent I'm good.

• Ummm... I usually get ready, it would be bad if I forgot my wallet.

• It depends on the time of day. If I got at 4 clock in the afternoon, then I'll wear regular street clothes, but if I'm going early in the morning at say, 2, then I'll probably just go in my pajamas.

• This question is probably more towards the girls, but does a t-shirt and jeans count as "getting ready"?