When do women dress weather appropriate?

I am curious whether you are more likely to dress "weather appropriate" when you are in a relationship or when you are not? (Such as hairstyle ruining winter headgear that keeps you warm, but looking goofy once it's off. )

It seems like one would be more likely to dress comfortably when she isn't looking, but is that the way it is?

Most Helpful Girl

• There are tons of attractive weather-appropriate clothes that a woman could wear. If she's not bothering, it's because she doesn't think wearing attractive clothing will help her. That's all you can really tell.

I know it sounds ridiculously simple, but there are so many reasons she could be in sweats and an ugly hat--maybe she's on her period and doesn't want anything but to be comfy, maybe she's about to go out for a run, maybe she's depressed about her body. And maybe she's thinking that she has a man now, she doesn't need to bother about looking attractive. Which is kind of annoying. It's like telling a guy he's going to get one thing and giving him another.

But don't count on that to be the reason--women mostly dress to look good to themselves, no matter what they think.

What Girls Said 5

• I live in Vegas, and I've rarely dressed weather appropriately. I dress with what looks good, trendy always - (high maintenance! - j/k)

I will say this though, weather appropriate clothing can be trendy and fashionable, your question is more geared toward dumpy and unattractive. I would never, whether in a relationship or not, dress unattractively - if a hat that covers my ears looked bad, it's tossed out for something stylish that still covers my ears. I always prefer to be confident in whatever I wear - that includes cute weather appropriate wear.

Trendy weather appropriate clothing is available, and cute as well.

• Perhaps it's available for the weather you get in Vegas...I've yet to see truly cute weather-appropriate clothing for us northerners when we have to trek through 2 feet or more of snow! ;P It's all pretty much utilitarian. It has to be.

• You create it! If you can't get away from large bulky winter wear, then add to the outfit. I think hats are a great way to start. You just find one that looks great on you - then a little gloss and you're set. Men like mystery so if you must layer, don't worry too much. But whether in a relationship or not, a woman should always look their best - it builds confidence - and that's one way to build strong relationships or to meet hot men.

• I run with a hoodie and a hat, gloves, and old comfy sweats. I will meet someone after and not care. I dress for me and comfort no matter what.

• I like to be comfortable, unless I am going somewhere where you need to look a specific way. If I am in a relationship and we are going out, I will dress nice, but if we are just chilling at home or I am going to work...comfort ALL the way

• Well honestly I'm going to say from experience that most women would dress normally or all dolled up even if they are in a relationship. Although some dress accordingly to the weather in a relationship or not.

You need to update your question and give more information on "her" if your looking at someone.

Hope this helps!

• Well, I wear weather appropriate clothing all the time, because hell if I'm going to be freezing my ears off in a vain attempt to impress a guy. I just keep a hairbrush in my purse so when I get where I'm going, I can run a brush through it and make it look decent. I wouldn't want a guy who wants me to freeze in order to look nice anyway. But then, I'm perpetually single, so who knows, haha.

What Guys Said 2

• I suspect never - maybe after age 45

• Hey, health and comfort come first. If she can't handle it, then she's not too bright.