Do looks matter, or is it the package?

Yeah so I was wondering guys, and girls if you want. When you consider dating a girl or pursuing her, do you care about what she looks like or just about her body? BE HONEST GUYS!

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly, guys have an image in their head of an ideal girl. But when reality hits, that usually goes out the window (in a good way). Sure,looks are important and when I say that I mean that as long as the person isn't horrifically ugly (I hate the word ugly),it's ultimately the personality behind in the body that really makes things work. And if it isn't so ( which will be the case with some people) then tough luck, life's a bitch.

But if we look at this from a scientific point of view. Humans are attracted towards good looking people because beauty is a sign of physical health and strength. Being healthier means that we are more likely to survive. That is why we like "hot" people, cos somewhere in our subconscious we have been hardwired to find the best possible partner to spread our genes with and this partner will be strong and healthy and what we call beauty is the indicator of health and strength.

And to be honest even further.. I think humans have screwed themselves over with the whole "it's not what's on the outside that counts" idea. Which when you think about it, means that we're letting more and more unhealthy genes survive in the human gene pool. But that's sorta off the topic.

What Guys Said 5

• What she looks like verses her body? Isn't that sort of the same thing?

Are you asking if a man would date an ugly woman with a hot body, or a beautiful woman who had a "horrible" body?

While it may FIRST be a package deal, a coke can may look nice on the outside, but it is pretty useless without the inside, unless you're a collector or a person who recycles all the time. (if it's all style and no substance, then you tend to get bored pretty quickly.)

• The initial attraction is usually based on looks. Then it's the whole package that keeps a guy interested.

• It's both, looks and personality, She doesn't need to be a cover girl or anything, she probably shouldn't be an eyesore. after that however it's all personality, I don't care if you're hotter than a movie star, you better not be a bitch.

• Men see surface, women see inner! so yea, looks and body, but when it's well observed, and they are interested, then they look for personality. first step looks and body then personality!

• No question. It's first the package.

What Girls Said 1

• Men are visual creatures so, of course they are going to be initially attracted to a girl that has a nice body (in his eyes) and facial looks (I think they're one in the same). After a while though, a man will want to know what she is made of. (The same is sort of the same for women, but women are emotionally connected first) Just make sure that you cater more to your inner woman than your outward self; and if you are beautiful on the outside, then your great personality will shine thru!