Should I follow the crowd or stand out?

I love dressing up and design my own clothes, my daily style is pretty much like this http://www.pinterest.com/herlindea/style/ So I don't look ultra-weird or something but compared to my environment (I'm in uni) I do stand I out from the crowd... Standing out is not the reason why I dress like that, but if you saw someone dressed like this inbetween people wearing sweatpants and hoodies, what would you think of her? Would you think she is attention seeking? High maintenance? Should I care and follow the crowd or just go on and dress like this? (+ for the guys would it hold you back to approach her? )

Most Helpful Girl

• You and I have similar taste in clothing... I prefer to stand out if it's in a good way. Maybe you'll inspire someone to get out of their sweats and into something more fashionable!

What Guys Said 1

• It can be intimidating to a guy if he has little self confidence. I believe you should dress how you feel comfortable dressing, don't worry about what the opinion of others is. It's pointless to live you life based on the standards of others.

What Girls Said 2

• Stand out. its not a bad thing to put in more effort than throwing your hair in a messy bun and throwing on some sweats and mascara. dont worry about others will think of you, do what you want to do. it looks like a good style to me and id rather wear that over sweats. embrace who you are.

• Basically what I'm getting here is that you are putting effort in where others aren't. Stand out. You'll regret it if you don't. A young, sophisticated, ambitious woman is a small commodity these days, I'm sure many guys will still talk to you. No matter how you dress some guys will hold back because of a million other reasons, am I right?

if everyone else is wearing hoodies and sweatpants, you'll be memorable. If you are worried about guys finding you unapporachable, don't. You're attitude is a big thing too. And with being memorable, they'll see you, remember things you have done, and possibly relate it to things that they like and approach you accordingly?