Any tips for clothing, hair, and make up that make you appear younger?

I recently got mistaken for 5 years older than what I am. I do not like this. I have long brown hair, and I wear basic make up.

I'm only 20.

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't wear makeup that usually takes my age down over five years. I have the opposite problem though everyone thinks I'm younger then what I am.

• I just wear foundation and mascara. I fill in my eyebrows lightly as well.

• don't feel bad my bf is younger then me by 3 years ha ha

• Thanks for the mh :)

What Guys Said 3

• Wear tighter jeans, and a nice tight top. (I love when older women dress younger, there is just something to that) You don't need a lot of makeup, just a little on the eyes. Don't go dorky on the shoes, women do this all of the time. Just think young, you'll be fine.

• I'm not old ):

• Ok, wasn't sure. Try to be comfortable then, let the guys make the decision. As long as you are happy with yourself, and you aren't running around with a dirty shawl smelling of patchoulli.

• Worst invention ever, patchoulli oil.

• None of that matters. It's genetics and skin.

• Put hair in pig tails and cake the make-up on. Wear clothing with rainbows and sparkling stuff.

What Girls Said 5

• It's hard to tell without seeing what you wear, what your physical/face structure is like, and how you are currently wearing your hair and doing your makeup. On that note:

-People attribute long, loosely curled hair with beauty and youth
    -Maybe try just wearing concealer where needed and some mascara, clear, vibrant skin gives off youthful vibes

Like I said, though, it is mostly attirbuted to you genetics physicallities as well as how you hold yourself, and speak to people.

• I'm 20 aswel, I'm sure you don't actually look 25 and that's not even old anyway lol! I'm sure your just worrying this is your prime time you should just flaunt what you have and just enhance things a little more.

Wear fitted clothes not baggy. Put a little extra make-up on to enhance your eyes and lips, maybe wear your hair differently :) x

• It's probably nothing that you are doing. People can never really guess anyone's age properly. I am 27 and everyone thinks I am a lot younger than I am. However I don't believe that I look young.

• Dress more age appropriate. When people try to look younger they just look older.
    Tons of makeup also make people look older.

• I'm 20

• I wear black jeans mostly and then thin jumpers.

• Wear shorts once in a while, cute tops, nice sandals... 20 is kind of a gray area. From 20 to 27 everyone looks the same age lol
      I really don't see what's wrong with someone confusing you for a 25 year old. Get over it. Don't wear your moms clothes either.

• Go blonde or a lighter brown. Wear the latest trends in clothing. Put more makeup on. Question people often. Smile and be flirty.