Whats a good shampoo to bring back shine?

I have long hair. It isn't thick and it isn't thin. But, its losing its shine and I can't find a good shampoo that is reasonable. Does anyone have any suggestions and shampoo and conditioner that will bring back shine and luster?

Most Helpful Girl

• I love using Dove Shampoo and Conditioner. I dye my hair occasionally, and I put it through its paces from dancing and martial arts. But I still do everything I can to take care of it. Using some fancy shampoo and conditioner isn't enough to make your hair look great. You have to make sure that you are taking proper care of it. I try to avoid ponytails except when necessary (because the hair ties will eventually destroy your hair if you wear your hair the same way all the time). Change up your hairstyle, and try a different brand of shampoo/conditioner.

Believe it or not, using the same brand all the time can also be partly to blame for your hair losing its shine. I try to change my brand and type every 3 months or so, and I really think it helps. I used to have hair that went down to the small of my back, and I recently decided to do something more fun with my hair and I love it. Its still long, but its got some very small layering in the back, and I got the front angled.

So have some fun and try some new things. :)

What Guys Said 4

• It may be the detergent in your shampoo causing your hair to loose its shine. A lot of shampoos contain SLS which can be a strong detergent and strip the hair of natural oils. Try getting shampoos with out SLS. I like the products from Sensible Addictions (salon quality reasonably priced) they have great fragrances (for women and men). In your case they have a Hemp Shampoo that may be right. Also I would consider using a leave in conditioner at least to start then switch to a regular conditioner. Sensible Additions products do not contain SLS (sodium laurel sulfate) or Parabens even of you don’t care about that kind of stuff if you could find products you like that smell good, feel good and reasonably priced with less chemical additives why would not use them.. You can find them on the Web, try their stuff I think you will like them.

• Don't laugh. Beer!

Many women in Russia or Balkan countries use beer as a rinse. It contains special proteins which helps hair restore its shine and a few other things which I've since forgotten.

. An added side benefit is that mysteriously men will be drawn to you and they'll follow you home like lost little puppies. :)

Google it. I think Kefir may also be used but it serves other purposes such as itchy dry scalps, etc.

• I wouldn't use beer, as alcohol will dehydrate your scalp and could lead to itchiness .

Myself, I use Tresemme, which is salon quality shampoo and conditioner . I find it leaves my hair really soft and smooth and will undoubtedly give you shiny, sleeky hair

• I'd try what ionlife was talking about - perhaps add a dap of A1 for getting a little extra attraction from men

What Girls Said 9

• I used to use herbal essences the stuff in the orange bottle I forget what it is called. I think they make a shine herbal essences as well, but the best thing to do it talk to your hairdresser. I talked to mine and she suggested a brand, but it is 90 dollars for both shampoo and conditioner. I get it anyway because I like to have nice hair. Your hairdresser would know the best shampoo for your hair. If you do go to the drugstore to pick some out, you might want to talk to an employee because my sister got some shampoo from the drugstore and it wasn't right or her hair and her hair fell out in clumps and it was awful. Just be careful.

• I use Biolage. It's a little pricey but I like it. My hair is naturally wavy/curly/frizzy so to control it I use the serum. Just a TINY dap goes a LONG way

• I don't think the shampoo brand matters much. I have long healthy hair and get a lot of compliments on it and just use the cheap VO5 shampoo and usually Tressemme conditioner and a leave in spray conditioner after that. Take a multivitamin and use a shine serum on your hair when you are finished (just a drop or two and rub it through) or jojoba oil. It helps keep out frizz and static too.

• the best, which I use, is paul mitchel the green one. its for shine and smooth. its totally worth the $$$

• Sunsilk Therma-Shine!

It's in a purple bottle.

Reasonably priced too.

I found a coupon for it a couple weeks ago and bought it.

I'm very satisfied with the results.

• id go to the hair dressers and get professional there always the best!

• Pantene makes your hair shiny AND soft :) I would try that if I were you

• I know that garnier fructis moisture works, works for me but depending on how old you are

some one told me that the older you get theirs nothing you can do about your hair losing its shine

try it :)

• Pantene all the way, it's a bit more expensive than most regular shampoos/conditioners but it works.