Controversial/Hot debate:How much minimum skirt length is proper for moral standards according to you? See description for details?

By minimum acceptable moral length, I mean suppose you chose X length. If a girl/woman you saw wear a skirt shorter than X length in public, then it conflicts with your sense of moral and self respect ideals.(thus starting the labelling like wh***, skimpy,...)
For me, I really feel uncomfortable if they wear skirts shorter than half their thigh length. It'd just attract unnecessary attention in general public. We all hate the random boners, especially in public, and men are after all, visual and imaginative. :P

Most Helpful Girl

• As long as you can bend over with out underwear showing. whatever. If you are a pear shape like me, with a big butt, I'd recommend shorts under all skirts.. I never where dresses or skirts without shorts (and usually tights as well) underneath. And due to my height (4'11'') If I wear skirts that are longer than 3 inches above my knee or shorter than 4 inches past my knee, it makes the rest of my person look frumpy. Any longer than 4-5 inches past my knee and I look like a child. It all depends on the woman, her demeanor, her physical attributions and the rest of the outfit (makeup, hair, top, shoes, etc.) greatly contributes as well.

start labeling girls as whores when I can see two set of lips, and/or below the belt cleavage. (If you know what I'm sayin'.)

• That's why I said half the thigh length, because even after bending over the unides remain hidden. I too prefer shorts being worn beneath the skirt.

What Girls Said 9

• Mid thigh yes. Shorter than tht it just let's everyone know the lack of personality and brains they have. You know when tht really have nothing else to offer than their vagina

• I'm not quite sure how to describe it. For myself I don't usually like skirts that end higher than an inch or two above my knee. But for a girl that's taller that may be different. And I think it's not just skirt length, I think it's the whole outfit that give off an impression.
    Like this outfit 4.bp.blogspot.com/.../1.jpg will be percieved very differently from this one i193.photobucket.com/.../130-2.jpg even though the actual skirt length is similar

What's definitely too short for skirts or shorts is when you can see the darker part of your tights

• True, but still both are like just an inch above mid thigh length I think. I get your point though.

• ya that's my point both are the same length and personally to short for me but I don't know

• At work, no shorter than 2-3 inches above the knee and everywhere else as long as you parts are covered in public it's ok.

• I think as long as you can't see their underwear it should be good. If it's one of those skirts that might show something when they do certain things like bend over, then those are probably okay only in some places.

• Ideally as long as your vag isn't hanging out it's fine.

BUT that isn't the world we live in. People are judgmental and in order to be perceived in a good light, I think mid-thigh length.

• But think vice versa, even guys don't wear so small shorts..(and even I like to wear shorts but not so short). Plus any small wind blow or a jump, and your panties are visible then if you wear short skirts

• *sexualize. Damn auto correct.

• Hormones I suppose, along with history, culture, morals shape society and their beliefs, including ideal skirt size. Thanks for your opinion though..

• I think if I can see her underwear it's too short

• And what about those skirts that show undies even if she jumps not so hard or a little breeze down under?

• I think if you wear opaque tights with anything above the knee it's fine

• Yeah, tights are cool though.

• Whatever the person wearing it finds suitable.

• Not at the cost of causing discomfort to others though. How would all girls like if men started wearing ultra small shorts which would be so tight that would hug their crotch and the "private"?

• We do have a civic responsibility not to make others uncomfortable, you know. You may like it but majority people would dislike that for sure. I agree about people having common sense but it seems like women who dress way too provocatively for public tend to lose it at times.

• But Id doubt they'd wear anything more revealing than booty shirts and bandeaus

• As long as you can't see her underwear (also when bending over) I think its a fine length. People worry too much about stupid things like that.

• Moral standards and clothes are two entirely seperated things to me.

What Guys Said 7

• I think the length is dependent on the leggings that she is also wearing.

For example for me,

no leggings = should go to the knee.
    boots from shin to knee = skirt can be half to knee.
    zettai ryouiki = skirt can be quarter down (3/4 away from the knee).

Don't ask me why! There is no explaining taste.

• To the knees is were I deem it is appropriate and good looking.

• Depends largely on the context the skirt is worn... At the beach and in the club they shall wear whatever they want. If I'm bothered by it, I just don't go to those places. You neither go to the brothel if you have a moral problem with that.

My former company was very clear and strict for men as for women: closed shoes, ankles covered, torso and shoulders completely covered. Same now here in army.

• True, it's about the surrounding and more importantly the society.

• Yes, and people are free to avoid places where things go on they don't like. On the other hands it's also very rude to break local rules. At a company you can luckily fire those people.

• When it's too short, we all know it. upload.wikimedia.org/.../Miniskirt_-_rear_view.JPG

• schools dont allow skirts shorter than her fingers when their arms are fully extended. it means its showing too much thigh. i dont know why they dont like too much thigh showing

• Mid ass👏 ...

• Anything above the top of the kneecaps starts to look unprofessional to me.