What do you think about those who get plastic surgery?

what do you think about plastic surgery? What if it was for a medical issue? Would regular plastic surgery be looked upon the same way as surgery due to a medical issue

I mean would surgery due to a medical issue be looked upon the same way as regular plastic surgery not the other way around. Sorry

Most Helpful Guy

• i find 100% elective surgery (or as I call it vainity projects) unfortunate. I wish people could be satisfied with their body's

I support people who get plastic surgery for medical reasons, necessity or even cosemetic things like breast augmentation for women who had breast cancer or children born with severe hairlips or other 'deformities'

but ultimately it's a personal decision so I don't dislike or think people shouldn't be able to do what they want

What Guys Said 5

• Ideally, I myself would not advocate it to simply enhance one's look, as I've seen people come out looking much better and, in some cases, much, much worse than they did prior to going under the knife, unfortunately for them.

But, if someone wanted it to feel better about his or herself, I wouldn't think any less of them.

• Medical issue or injury recovery is A-OK.

As for cosmetic surgery for other reasons, it's not for me, but people can do what they want with their bodies.

The problem is that most people that do cosmetic surgery get addicted to it and end up looking...plastic, like a doll.

• it´s ok if it has a medical reason. for beauty reasons only ok to correct a flaw that is really abnormal and ugly in my opinion (e.g. extremely saggy breasts, crooked teeth and so on). i look down on people who do it only to boost their self-confidence (e.g. nose jobs if your nose didn´t look like a witches nose before or making slightly smaller boobs bigger)

• Depends on what it is. Ladies who get it to fight aging are pretty sad to me. Corrective plastic surgery is okay but if it's strictly driven by vanity then there something wrong with them that can't be fixed with plastic surgery.

• I don't have a problem with it, though as with all things it can be done to excess.

What Girls Said 6

• I think less of people who don't mind their own business. Plastic surgery can get excessive, but...still not my business.

• I am not this bc of someone else. I have am bc I am getting corrective plastic surgery due to a medical issue

• I wasn't talking about YOU not minding your own business...I'm saying: it's no one else's business what you or anyone else does in this respect"

• I look at the two scenarios differently, one is solely aesthetic while the other can help with true deformities. Though I support both reasons for having plastic surgery, I do not consider breast augmentation to increase a cup size from a B to a D as necessary of an operation as lets say correcting an extreme case of webbed fingers. My opinion is solely based on what I feel our shallow world considers acceptable or appealing.

• I don't look at them the same, but I'm indifferent for the most part.

If I have a critic its when they were pretty already and now ugly due to the surgeries

• I don't judge sometimes its necessary

• I think they should try to accept who they are instead of changing who they are.

• I don't judge either. One is needed, the other not. Obviously the one for medical reasons is more important. But whatever floats your boat