Girls, if a guy comments about red shoes of yours by saying "I like your ruby slippers..." would you know what he was referring to?

A puzzled/surprised look made me think the reference was lost. They were plain leathery flats with a little brass buckle type thing for what it's worth, not meant to be ruby slippers. Not that the comment was profound, I'm just wondering.

Most Helpful Girl

• She must not have seen the wizard of oz... what a disgrace!

What Girls Said 7

• I would think that you were making a reference to Dorothy's shoes, from the Wizard of Oz.

• Yay! Wizard of Oz!

• It's a wizard of oz reference right? My bf makes jokes like that about a pair of shoes I have except he tells me to click my heels and go home lol

• the wizard of oz lol xD

• how does she not get that? lol what an idiot

• Of course wizard of Oz

• Wizard of Oz...who wouldn't know that?

What Guys Said 3

• About how old was this girl?

• The girl is obviously an idiot. Better that you know now :)

• If her dumbass can't recognize a Wizard of Oz reference when it slaps her in the face, then you need to move on and find another one. This one isn't worth your time with her uncultured self.