Why do many girls think that how they look WITH makeup is Actually how they look in reality and what they look like without makeup is not real her?

Why do many girls think that how they look WITH makeup is Actually how they look in reality and what they look like without makeup is not the real her

Most Helpful Girl

• Well makeup should really be used sparingly, it should be used to enhance your natural beauty. Some girls do plaster it on and I think some girls look like clowns when they do it. We've been brought up in a society where "everyone" wears makeup and if you don't for some reason you're the freak!
    I myself only use a little bit of make up, a little cover sometimes and just eye liner for every day use, if I'm going out I add a little more on but not much. We think we need make up to impress a guy, because that's what the media has told us. Playing on our insecurities and using it as a marketing scheme

What Girls Said 5

• I dont know where you picked that idea up from. I think girls know very well that the REAL them is makeupless, but that doesn't mean she is comfortable showing off her real self to everyone. she gets used to wearing makeup out because the majority of girls do, so she is more comfortable like that.

• because after seeing yourself in makeup every day for years, you fall into a delusion that the "real" you is the one with the makeup and that you're prettier than you actually are.

we can thank society for that lol

• Both are how we actually look in real life. That's like saying you don't look like yourself in clothes.

Nope sorry disagree.

• I see what you mean, but are the clothes a built in part of your body? That is what I mean to say

• I look basically exactly the same. All I use is liquid eyeliner to emphasize the shape of my eyes.

• Yeah, I'm well aware the "real" me, without make-up, is wince-worthy. I know I look different in make up, and better than normal. Blah. Next question.

What Guys Said 0