Girls, is wearing a short skirt really that inconvenient?

To me, there's nothing more prettier than a pretty girl in short skirt. But I often hear girls complaining about the trouble, difficulties or discomfort they have when wearing one. Care to share some of your experience?

• Short skirt is inconvenient so I will not wear it.
  • Short skirt is inconvenient but I will wear it.
  • Others

Most Helpful Girl

• Short skirt is inconvenient but I will wear it because i love it :) I can not sit down easily though. I feel comfortable in standing up position :) Women are paradox do not ask ever why :p

What Girls Said 29

• Yep, it's kind of inconvenient. I only wear short skirts if I have to go to the beach. But I wear short dresses all the time, especially during Summer. Not "trashy" short but something like: http://media-cache-ak0. pinimg. com/236x/90/89/9a/90899a3b58bc5dc97365e2485a014b5b. jpg
    www.groupdress.com/.../...en-back-prom-dress-1.jpg

• Is it really that inconvenient for us to wear long ones?

Lol jk one of those rhetorical questions...

Anyways honestly it's not well at least for me. I don't really see why it would be?

What I would get stares and compliments based off of my appearance? So what everyone does! Whether I'm fully clothed down or revealing some skin.

But considering everyone sees it the other way around yeah it's kinda inconvenient... For these reasons:

- All the stares you get won't be good one
    - You'll be known as a whore or a slut etc
    - Guys will only see you as a sex symbol
    - And my parents hate when my clothes are to tight

But that's basically how it's effected if these many people think it's bad then... Everyone does

• actually it could be inconvenient to wear long ones, because, like heels, you could trip over them, if you're clumsy, or don't know how to talk in them well enough

• I can see your point. Short skirt has got its bad name. However, I do think that short is not always whore or slut. If wear properly can be quite cute too.

• leggings or what not. i think people confuse slutty, with how much skin is being shown

• I feel uncomfortable in short skirts or dresses. In fact, I rarely wear them, and it's too cold to wear them in the fall and winter here anyways. Short skirts are also inconvenient for me as they're often inappropriate for work or school environments, at least for me.

If I wear a skirt or a dress, it's usually knee length.

• but throughout the world, schoolgirls are forced to wear skirts as a part of their uniform, and they survive the snow and everything.

• Like japan, it's out of control. A lot of school girls there make their school uniform skirt ultra short.

• Yeah it was getting out of control here as well so most schools stopped offering skirts as an option for female uniforms. It's just pants now.

• I don't find it particularly inconvenient. I'm on the shorter side, and I wear shorts underneath everything (skirts, short shorts, jeans, I'm just really paranoid) so I don't have a problem with wearing a short skirt. Since I'm closer to the ground and I don't wear heels I'm not very concerned with anyone seeing anything they shouldn't, and I get out of vehicles and walk up stairs and the like just fine. The only thing that I struggle with is convincing my father (who is very old fashioned) that I'm not dressing provocatively, I'm dressing for the weather (90-100 degrees Fahrenheit, low winds, and moderate humidity).

• Hmm.. I see. You have a nice face and a good figure. I think shorter skirt will suit you well.

• A
    Not at all comfortable. Not wearable at all. Unless there are thick pantyhose beneath - for an autumn/winter look...

• why? why do you need them, with it

• people who dont worry

• Are you one of them? How is that going?

• To me the only time it's annoying is if it is really short and barely covers my ass, then I have to be careful about who's behind me if I bend over. Or if it's really windy and the skirt is loose. Otherwise it's not a big deal and is more comfortable in summer than a long one.

• then why wear a short one, if you're nervous?

• They're all legitimate things to wear, it's whatever you feel like...

• i realize that, but what makes one girl wear something over the other?

• I don't like wearing a short skirt.
    You can't bend down, sit down, open your legs at least two inches, go up stairs, get in the car, or walk too much because the skirt goes up and everyone can see your butt! It's inconvenient. Not to mention the stares they give you and guys checking you out. It's uncomfortable.

• Hmm... I see. That's why most ladies wear anything other than short skirt. So I guess when they wear one they must be trying to attract attention from people or some specific person.

• pantaloons are the longer version, of pants (the word, i mean). they were originally called pantaloons. why do you prefer pantaloons over skirts?

• I feel secure. Like no matter how I move, no one will see my ass or...
      They just hug my legs..

• It is inconvenient. Getting out of the car, wind blowing this shit up, not to mention never being able to open your legs by an INCH, all of these come up within minutes of putting this kind of skirt on. I feel kind of trapped when wearing those. Not to mention I'm tall and while I do have some belly fat, I'm still reasonably slim. What does it mean for me? Skirts that sit nicely around my waist bare half my ass and the ones that just about cover it properly are loose enough to nearly fall off my hips. So yeah, I'd rather stick with my knee-length skirts.

• lol. That's a lot of inconvenience. Knee-length skirt can be pretty too.

• They can be yes. I was answering this question about celebrity wardrobe mishaps and I think skirts are a big part of it.

They fit well while you're standing but when you start walking move up and become too short. Or lose skirts that get blown up by the wind are things I'm sure every girl knows. The only thing worse than that is getting out of a car. I'm glad no one is looking when I do that

• I know about the wind, but I wasn't ware that getting out of the car was such a big deal. lol

• its brittney though. i mean, brittney SPEARS!. take any normal girl though

• Omg, now I get your point. I guess you won't know it until you try it, I wasn't even aware about the car thing until now. And it's a little strange that it's ok to look at bikinis but not panties. hmm..

• I feel really self-conscious in general while wearing a short skirt because I hate my body lol. And plus you always have to be careful to not have your ass hanging out or for others to be able to see your underwear. And also my town is full of idiots who whistle like girls are dogs. Some even try to grab your ass.

• Oh my gosh, grab your ass? Where do you live?

• I don't know what the problem is. remove before tripadvisor, before com, before jpg. maybe it works haha

• Oh, I forgot to remove the space before jpg and now it works. Hey nice tower you got there! My country don't have anything like that. I think I'll check out more on google when I'm free. haha thanks ya~

• I'm not comfortable in them being 5'10" they're even SHORTER on me. I don't like skirts above the knee at all to be honest, they're just uncomfortable and I have to be hyperaware of my position throughout the whole day.

• I personally like shorter skirts, but not to the point you'd see EVERYTHING if there wasn't that extra inch of fabric lol I like short as in about mid-thigh. The only bad thing is if you are trying to sit down you have to be careful also getting in and out of cars... having to bend over etc. lol I prefer them with leggings for those reasons

• i wear nothing but short skirts and dresses and i don't find anything inconvient

• I think it's meaningless to wear short skirt if a person feels uncomfortable in it. That's why I barely wear it, but I'm not againist people who wear it.

• I have quite the bubbly butt, so that is why it is difficult for me. I dont want to look (for lack of a btter word) "slutty" with my butt hanging out. Plus, i do feel like girls judge me. Im not worried about the guys because i know they will look, so i expect it. But girls can be harsh.

• slutty isn't a look, its a behavior

• Just stop dude. If at the age between "25 to 29", you dont understand that women/girls just naturally judge themselves automatically, you have some issues.

• They are not flattering on me, I like skirts just a bit over the knee, but I will not go shorter than that... one word..."wind"

• You have a limited range of motion and have to sit like a lady all the time. Skirts honestly aren't "in" like they were in the early 2000s and 90s.
    Like when every girl owned a ratchet blue Jean skirt haha. So most girls don't wear skirts unless its for formal events.

• retro is always in. whether it be the 70's 80's or even my favorite the 90's/2000's. skirts will always be in for women. some like them, some don't. my question is though, what determines who likes what? and obviously, you're one of those ones who don't, so, why? (other than having to sit oddly)

• What do you mean?

• just sayin'

• depending on how short, they can be difficult to wear... you have to be careful how u move and what you do. its easy to accidently give someone a glimpse...

• Most of the time I'll feel uncomfortable wearing a short skirt/dress because it's really easy to accidentally expose too much, especially when it's windy outside. I prefer knee-length skirts better, but I do wear short skirts sometimes.

• why? what makes you want to..

• i dont get that. how is wearing a short skirt, slutty?

• Well maybe it's not exactly slutty but it can be immodest because you're at risk of exposing too much. Like one time I quickly ran downstairs while wearing a semi-short skirt and my sister told me my underwear was showing while I ran.

• It can be inconvenient when you have to sit, especially when its a tight short dress. But other than that I dont have any problems and enjoy wearing skirts and dresses

• if its inconvenient to wear tight short ones, why wear them?

• I can't really wear super short skirts because apparently i have long legs and it turns teachers on so mid-thigh and lower is okay for me

• its not legal anyway, most schools dont allow skirts shorter than the fingertips. its too much a of a distraction to all men (gay women?)

• yet ur a cheerleader...

• Are you stupid are you not listening this has nothing to do with being a cheerleader i like my uniform its cute, but i dont like wearing skirts every fucking day... thats what im trying to get through your thick skull... twit

• I don't think they are uncomfortable I like to wear them but , sometimes the wind does suck and then other girls call you a slut for wearing them but oh well, if you feel cute in one I say go for it :)

• I was afraid that people would be able to see my ass when I was younger but I don't care now lol

• I love my short skirts and high heels, I have nice long legs and I love to show them off.

• I like wearing short skirts or shorts but not always. Some girls don't like wearing them when they're on their period though.

• U wear quite short skirts but not too short. I prefer maxi skirts

• why maxis?

• some girls do it. they also make something called a skort

• Ah the legendary shorts-skirt. I wore those when I was a kid. Those are quite rare nowadays.

• It's not invonvenient, it just depends from the situation, form where I am going. I would wear it as much as possible.
    Also, a very short skirt looks better in skinny girls, and with a curvy body, it attracts more attention and sometimes looks bad, nota good taste in clothing and trying to attract attention. Also, in a tall girl it attacts a lot of attention comeared when a short girl wears a very short skirt.

• why is that?

• thus deemed sluttier, but why? why is showing skin, slutty?

• Not sluttier, but will attract more attention which is a good thing, but also with a curvy body you have to be careful because with a very short skirt you may look fat or at least not elegant.

• Depending on the type of short skirt, I like wearing them. The problem is I can't wear them because I don't have a pretty face. I love dresses and skirts, and I would wear them year round... the problem is I don't have the face for them. That's not insecurity talking either. I've been told on several occasions and by different people that I can't wear skirts because I don't have the face for it.

Although I do find the shorter ones inconvenient on a windy day.

• im sure you have a pretty face, people who tell you that, are probably jealous

• If you have the figure and you like wearing one, I say go for it.

• there we go.. now were getting somewhere

• Yes because you need to be so careful about what you're doing. You don't want an accident to happen!

What Guys Said 1

• if they felt uncomfortable, they wouldn't wear it

• It looks nice.

• you're welcome

• i was being sarcastic