Do you think bikinis are immodest?

First off I'm not conservative and I'm not a controlling person at all, but my girlfriend was at the beach today and she sent me a picture of her laying down and lets just say there was a lot on display, a lot of cleavage and she was soaked in sweat and she looked very enticing. I like it when she looks like that but part of me feels like, is that for everyone's eyes? I mean why do girls not want people to see them in a bra when a bikini shows off just as much? I never thought I'd feel this way, but I did get a sort of pit in my stomach when I saw her. I think I am being a bit much and I'd never bring it up with her but I do think they are immodest and that if you're with someone that certain things should be for your partner's eyes only.

Most Helpful Girl

• Wearing a bikini is a sign of confidence. There are girls who go to the beach who wear bikinis that probably shouldn't, but you know what? I respect them and their courage. I still feel uncomfortable wearing a bikini. I'm fit as hell, but I still look in the mirror and see all the fat I used to have. If I had the courage to be comfortable with my body when I was overweight I'd probably have been happier.

Anyway, the morale of this story is as follows: You shouldn't be concerned at all. You should be proud, and respect her desires flaunt her body.

Believe in her. Even if all the guys stare, she's still yours at the end of the day, and that's what you have to tell yourself.

What Girls Said 9

• They are immodest, but that's what you wear when you go to the beach or the pool etc. You have no right to tell her she shouldn't wear those, nor should you feel as if she shouldn't. She is a woman with a smokin hot bod and you should feel honored that she lets you see it completely naked and that when you go with her to the beach or pool she is on your arm and not someone else's! Be proud of your sexy woman and be glad she is confident enough to wear a bikini. She is not showing anyone anything that shouldn't be seen.

• I personally don't like wearing bikinis. I don't have a problem with women who do like to wear them, if they have beautiful bodies and are confident with how they look they should be able to wear them. I just don't have the confidence to wear them and I wouldn't like the idea of being leered at (not that guys would haha). I like to keep certain parts of me as covered as I can so I tend to stick with swimsuits and tankinis :)

• Ya they are. I mean they show pretty much everything, but that's what you wear at the beach, everything else would look weird. And no one wants to look weird.

I don't know somehow beaches are different everyone looks like that and people don't stare. I would personally prefer a bit more fabric, but you know there isn't much out there. So the practical question you'd need to answer what would you want her to wear?

• Because there are strange notions of what clothing is acceptable for others to see even if it's pretty much the same damn piece of clothing with a different name.
    If she's confident and proud of her body and want to wear a bikini then good for her.
    She's not running around naked.

• To be honest, I do think they're immodest.
    Will I keep wearing them? Yes, because they're stylish and I love the attention. I love feeling sexy. But anyone who says they're anything more than glorified underpants is kidding themselves.

• They're revealing but they're also really common so nobody really thinks about whether they're immodest or not. Personally I prefer wearing one-piece swimsuits because they aren't as revealing as bikinis.

• They're certainly revealing, but everybody wears them at the beach so it's not a big deal.

• I think it's not immodest if you cover up your boobs and vagaga. Just suck it up. What would be an option when sitting on a hot beach?
    You guys can walk around without any shirt on whole damn summer.

• The parts UNDER the bikini are for your partner's eyes only :p

What Guys Said 1

• I mean, what else do you propose she swims in and sits on a hot beach in?